Arcade Fire Pledge to Give One Million Dollars to Haiti Charity
Rockers Arcade Fire have pledged to give almost $1 million (666,670 pound sterling) to a Haiti charity if donations from the public reach the same amount. The band have teamed up with Kanpe.org, an organization which aims to rebuild one Haitian village at a time following the devastating earthquake that struck the nation on January 12.
Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler proposed the generous donation during a concert in the band's native Montreal, Canada on Monday, July 12, citing the band's co-founder Regine Chassagne's Haitian roots as their inspiration to help boost relief efforts. Chassagne serves as Kanpe.org's Grand Ambassador.
Members of the public have been encouraged to text in donations of $5 (3.30 pound sterling) - and Arcade Fire will match the figure when the total tops the million-dollar mark. The pledge was made exactly six months on from the massive earthquake.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective