Lil Wayne Promises to Be Careful With His Words
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has promised to clean up his act and take more responsibility as a role model as a mark of respect to young fans who have supported him as he serves time in jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter, Jr., is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
Devotees have been sending in letters of support and Wayne has returned the favour by launching a specially-dedicated website keeping fans updated on his progress. In his fourth update, posted on WeezyThanxU.com, the hip-hop star admits he has been blown away by some of the fan mail he has received from his young followers and the heartfelt notes have inspired him to watch what he says in the future.
He writes, "I never imagined that I could have such an impact on people's lives. Because of this, I vow to be a bit more careful of what I say... I thank my fans for appreciating me the way you do."
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women