Lil Wayne Promises to Be Careful With His Words
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has promised to clean up his act and take more responsibility as a role model as a mark of respect to young fans who have supported him as he serves time in jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter, Jr., is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
Devotees have been sending in letters of support and Wayne has returned the favour by launching a specially-dedicated website keeping fans updated on his progress. In his fourth update, posted on WeezyThanxU.com, the hip-hop star admits he has been blown away by some of the fan mail he has received from his young followers and the heartfelt notes have inspired him to watch what he says in the future.
He writes, "I never imagined that I could have such an impact on people's lives. Because of this, I vow to be a bit more careful of what I say... I thank my fans for appreciating me the way you do."
More Lil Wayne News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson