Lil Wayne Promises to Be Careful With His Words
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has promised to clean up his act and take more responsibility as a role model as a mark of respect to young fans who have supported him as he serves time in jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter, Jr., is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
Devotees have been sending in letters of support and Wayne has returned the favour by launching a specially-dedicated website keeping fans updated on his progress. In his fourth update, posted on WeezyThanxU.com, the hip-hop star admits he has been blown away by some of the fan mail he has received from his young followers and the heartfelt notes have inspired him to watch what he says in the future.
He writes, "I never imagined that I could have such an impact on people's lives. Because of this, I vow to be a bit more careful of what I say... I thank my fans for appreciating me the way you do."
More Lil Wayne News
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?