Lil Wayne Promises to Be Careful With His Words
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has promised to clean up his act and take more responsibility as a role model as a mark of respect to young fans who have supported him as he serves time in jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter, Jr., is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
Devotees have been sending in letters of support and Wayne has returned the favour by launching a specially-dedicated website keeping fans updated on his progress. In his fourth update, posted on WeezyThanxU.com, the hip-hop star admits he has been blown away by some of the fan mail he has received from his young followers and the heartfelt notes have inspired him to watch what he says in the future.
He writes, "I never imagined that I could have such an impact on people's lives. Because of this, I vow to be a bit more careful of what I say... I thank my fans for appreciating me the way you do."
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3