Lil Wayne Promises to Be Careful With His Words
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has promised to clean up his act and take more responsibility as a role model as a mark of respect to young fans who have supported him as he serves time in jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, real name Dwayne Carter, Jr., is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
Devotees have been sending in letters of support and Wayne has returned the favour by launching a specially-dedicated website keeping fans updated on his progress. In his fourth update, posted on WeezyThanxU.com, the hip-hop star admits he has been blown away by some of the fan mail he has received from his young followers and the heartfelt notes have inspired him to watch what he says in the future.
He writes, "I never imagined that I could have such an impact on people's lives. Because of this, I vow to be a bit more careful of what I say... I thank my fans for appreciating me the way you do."
More Lil Wayne News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift