Shawn Johnson Stalker Sent to Mental Hospital
A Los Angeles judge has sent a man convicted of stalking Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to a California mental hospital for five years. Robert O'Ryan was taken into custody in March 2009 after he attempted to break onto the Los Angeles set of TV show "Dancing with the Stars", where Johnson was a competitor.
Authorities later found duct tape, a shotgun, a handgun, a knife and a bulletproof vest in his car, and he was charged with felony stalking, felony commercial burglary and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but he was convicted on all charges at L.A. Superior Court on June 11.
A hearing of O'Ryan's psychological evaluation was held on Tuesday, July 13. Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor ruled the 36 year old will be committed to Patton State Hospital, with a maximum confinement period of five years.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom