Shawn Johnson Stalker Sent to Mental Hospital
A Los Angeles judge has sent a man convicted of stalking Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to a California mental hospital for five years. Robert O'Ryan was taken into custody in March 2009 after he attempted to break onto the Los Angeles set of TV show "Dancing with the Stars", where Johnson was a competitor.
Authorities later found duct tape, a shotgun, a handgun, a knife and a bulletproof vest in his car, and he was charged with felony stalking, felony commercial burglary and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but he was convicted on all charges at L.A. Superior Court on June 11.
A hearing of O'Ryan's psychological evaluation was held on Tuesday, July 13. Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor ruled the 36 year old will be committed to Patton State Hospital, with a maximum confinement period of five years.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'