Shawn Johnson Stalker Sent to Mental Hospital
A Los Angeles judge has sent a man convicted of stalking Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to a California mental hospital for five years. Robert O'Ryan was taken into custody in March 2009 after he attempted to break onto the Los Angeles set of TV show "Dancing with the Stars", where Johnson was a competitor.
Authorities later found duct tape, a shotgun, a handgun, a knife and a bulletproof vest in his car, and he was charged with felony stalking, felony commercial burglary and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but he was convicted on all charges at L.A. Superior Court on June 11.
A hearing of O'Ryan's psychological evaluation was held on Tuesday, July 13. Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor ruled the 36 year old will be committed to Patton State Hospital, with a maximum confinement period of five years.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch