Shawn Johnson Stalker Sent to Mental Hospital
A Los Angeles judge has sent a man convicted of stalking Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to a California mental hospital for five years. Robert O'Ryan was taken into custody in March 2009 after he attempted to break onto the Los Angeles set of TV show "Dancing with the Stars", where Johnson was a competitor.
Authorities later found duct tape, a shotgun, a handgun, a knife and a bulletproof vest in his car, and he was charged with felony stalking, felony commercial burglary and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but he was convicted on all charges at L.A. Superior Court on June 11.
A hearing of O'Ryan's psychological evaluation was held on Tuesday, July 13. Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor ruled the 36 year old will be committed to Patton State Hospital, with a maximum confinement period of five years.
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC