Shawn Johnson Stalker Sent to Mental Hospital
A Los Angeles judge has sent a man convicted of stalking Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson to a California mental hospital for five years. Robert O'Ryan was taken into custody in March 2009 after he attempted to break onto the Los Angeles set of TV show "Dancing with the Stars", where Johnson was a competitor.
Authorities later found duct tape, a shotgun, a handgun, a knife and a bulletproof vest in his car, and he was charged with felony stalking, felony commercial burglary and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but he was convicted on all charges at L.A. Superior Court on June 11.
A hearing of O'Ryan's psychological evaluation was held on Tuesday, July 13. Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor ruled the 36 year old will be committed to Patton State Hospital, with a maximum confinement period of five years.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her