Sylvester Stallone Vows Not to Do His Own Stunts Anymore
Sylvester Stallone has been forced to stop performing his own stunts on movie sets - or risk ending his life in a wheelchair. The 63-year-old action man seriously injured his shoulder and back in a fight sequence with wrestler Steve Austin on the set of his new film "The Expendables" - and now his doctor has told him he can't risk further damage.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "Me doing those (stunt) scenes helps the other guys in the movie. They want to top me so they push even harder. I know I shouldn't be doing this stuff at my age... It comes with a really serious price." He adds, "I couldn't do this again. This is it, there's nothing left. I have had four operations since the film. The doctor says that if I hurt my neck again, that's it - paralysis or worse. I don't want to hear that but it's a fact."
"I guess I've got to get some look-a-likes, but I don't like doing that. What made all the Rockys special is that, in 32 years, I never used a double."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors