Sylvester Stallone Vows Not to Do His Own Stunts Anymore
Sylvester Stallone has been forced to stop performing his own stunts on movie sets - or risk ending his life in a wheelchair. The 63-year-old action man seriously injured his shoulder and back in a fight sequence with wrestler Steve Austin on the set of his new film "The Expendables" - and now his doctor has told him he can't risk further damage.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "Me doing those (stunt) scenes helps the other guys in the movie. They want to top me so they push even harder. I know I shouldn't be doing this stuff at my age... It comes with a really serious price." He adds, "I couldn't do this again. This is it, there's nothing left. I have had four operations since the film. The doctor says that if I hurt my neck again, that's it - paralysis or worse. I don't want to hear that but it's a fact."
"I guess I've got to get some look-a-likes, but I don't like doing that. What made all the Rockys special is that, in 32 years, I never used a double."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom