Sylvester Stallone Vows Not to Do His Own Stunts Anymore
Sylvester Stallone has been forced to stop performing his own stunts on movie sets - or risk ending his life in a wheelchair. The 63-year-old action man seriously injured his shoulder and back in a fight sequence with wrestler Steve Austin on the set of his new film "The Expendables" - and now his doctor has told him he can't risk further damage.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "Me doing those (stunt) scenes helps the other guys in the movie. They want to top me so they push even harder. I know I shouldn't be doing this stuff at my age... It comes with a really serious price." He adds, "I couldn't do this again. This is it, there's nothing left. I have had four operations since the film. The doctor says that if I hurt my neck again, that's it - paralysis or worse. I don't want to hear that but it's a fact."
"I guess I've got to get some look-a-likes, but I don't like doing that. What made all the Rockys special is that, in 32 years, I never used a double."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos