Sylvester Stallone Vows Not to Do His Own Stunts Anymore
Sylvester Stallone has been forced to stop performing his own stunts on movie sets - or risk ending his life in a wheelchair. The 63-year-old action man seriously injured his shoulder and back in a fight sequence with wrestler Steve Austin on the set of his new film "The Expendables" - and now his doctor has told him he can't risk further damage.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "Me doing those (stunt) scenes helps the other guys in the movie. They want to top me so they push even harder. I know I shouldn't be doing this stuff at my age... It comes with a really serious price." He adds, "I couldn't do this again. This is it, there's nothing left. I have had four operations since the film. The doctor says that if I hurt my neck again, that's it - paralysis or worse. I don't want to hear that but it's a fact."
"I guess I've got to get some look-a-likes, but I don't like doing that. What made all the Rockys special is that, in 32 years, I never used a double."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?