Sylvester Stallone Vows Not to Do His Own Stunts Anymore
Sylvester Stallone has been forced to stop performing his own stunts on movie sets - or risk ending his life in a wheelchair. The 63-year-old action man seriously injured his shoulder and back in a fight sequence with wrestler Steve Austin on the set of his new film "The Expendables" - and now his doctor has told him he can't risk further damage.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "Me doing those (stunt) scenes helps the other guys in the movie. They want to top me so they push even harder. I know I shouldn't be doing this stuff at my age... It comes with a really serious price." He adds, "I couldn't do this again. This is it, there's nothing left. I have had four operations since the film. The doctor says that if I hurt my neck again, that's it - paralysis or worse. I don't want to hear that but it's a fact."
"I guess I've got to get some look-a-likes, but I don't like doing that. What made all the Rockys special is that, in 32 years, I never used a double."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences