Sean Penn Knighted in Haiti
Actor and activist Sean Penn has received a top honor from Haiti's president in recognition of his work to boost relief efforts in the aftermath of January's devastating earthquake. The Hollywood star has been a regular visitor to Haiti and a major part of the recovery effort, helping to set up relief camps for more than 1.5 million Haitians still homeless six months on from the tremors.
He was among 23 honorees, including former U.S. president Bill Clinton and CNN reporter Anderson Cooper, lauded on the site of the presidential palace in Haiti's capital of Port-Au-Prince on Monday, July 12. They were 'knighted' and presented with medals and certificates by President Rene Preval.
The award ceremony took place exactly six months on from the earthquake, which struck the nation on January 12.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous