Sean Penn Knighted in Haiti
Actor and activist Sean Penn has received a top honor from Haiti's president in recognition of his work to boost relief efforts in the aftermath of January's devastating earthquake. The Hollywood star has been a regular visitor to Haiti and a major part of the recovery effort, helping to set up relief camps for more than 1.5 million Haitians still homeless six months on from the tremors.
He was among 23 honorees, including former U.S. president Bill Clinton and CNN reporter Anderson Cooper, lauded on the site of the presidential palace in Haiti's capital of Port-Au-Prince on Monday, July 12. They were 'knighted' and presented with medals and certificates by President Rene Preval.
The award ceremony took place exactly six months on from the earthquake, which struck the nation on January 12.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says