Sean Penn Knighted in Haiti
Actor and activist Sean Penn has received a top honor from Haiti's president in recognition of his work to boost relief efforts in the aftermath of January's devastating earthquake. The Hollywood star has been a regular visitor to Haiti and a major part of the recovery effort, helping to set up relief camps for more than 1.5 million Haitians still homeless six months on from the tremors.
He was among 23 honorees, including former U.S. president Bill Clinton and CNN reporter Anderson Cooper, lauded on the site of the presidential palace in Haiti's capital of Port-Au-Prince on Monday, July 12. They were 'knighted' and presented with medals and certificates by President Rene Preval.
The award ceremony took place exactly six months on from the earthquake, which struck the nation on January 12.
More Sean Penn News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer