Bono Recovered, U2 Announce Rescheduled Dates
Recovering rocker Bono will return to the stage in August to kick off U2's European tour, three months after undergoing emergency back surgery. The Irish band was forced to postpone the North American leg of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival last month after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
But the frontman has been making good progress in his recovery and he will be back to full health in time to play in Turin, Italy on August 6. A statement released by concert promoters Live Nation reads, "Following Bono's recovery from recent back surgery, U2 are now readying themselves for the opening of their European Tour."
"The One" hitmakers have also rescheduled their North American tour dates, which will now begin in Denver in May 2011. U2 has recorded a special message for fans on their official website to say, "Thank you for standing by us", and manager Paul McGuinness has echoed the foursome's sentiments.
He says, "We're delighted the dates are rescheduled and in all the same venues we originally planned to play. Above all we want to thank the U2 fans for bearing with us. They're the best and the band wants to get back to where they belong, surrounded by their audience."
More U2 News
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards