Bono Recovered, U2 Announce Rescheduled Dates
Recovering rocker Bono will return to the stage in August to kick off U2's European tour, three months after undergoing emergency back surgery. The Irish band was forced to postpone the North American leg of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival last month after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
But the frontman has been making good progress in his recovery and he will be back to full health in time to play in Turin, Italy on August 6. A statement released by concert promoters Live Nation reads, "Following Bono's recovery from recent back surgery, U2 are now readying themselves for the opening of their European Tour."
"The One" hitmakers have also rescheduled their North American tour dates, which will now begin in Denver in May 2011. U2 has recorded a special message for fans on their official website to say, "Thank you for standing by us", and manager Paul McGuinness has echoed the foursome's sentiments.
He says, "We're delighted the dates are rescheduled and in all the same venues we originally planned to play. Above all we want to thank the U2 fans for bearing with us. They're the best and the band wants to get back to where they belong, surrounded by their audience."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen