Bono Recovered, U2 Announce Rescheduled Dates
Recovering rocker Bono will return to the stage in August to kick off U2's European tour, three months after undergoing emergency back surgery. The Irish band was forced to postpone the North American leg of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival last month after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
But the frontman has been making good progress in his recovery and he will be back to full health in time to play in Turin, Italy on August 6. A statement released by concert promoters Live Nation reads, "Following Bono's recovery from recent back surgery, U2 are now readying themselves for the opening of their European Tour."
"The One" hitmakers have also rescheduled their North American tour dates, which will now begin in Denver in May 2011. U2 has recorded a special message for fans on their official website to say, "Thank you for standing by us", and manager Paul McGuinness has echoed the foursome's sentiments.
He says, "We're delighted the dates are rescheduled and in all the same venues we originally planned to play. Above all we want to thank the U2 fans for bearing with us. They're the best and the band wants to get back to where they belong, surrounded by their audience."
More U2 News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed