Lawrence Taylor Submits Not Guilty Plea
Former American football great Lawrence Taylor has pleaded not guilty to five charges including rape stemming from an incident involving a minor in May. The retired New York Giants star, 51, was arrested on May 6 at a hotel in Montebello, New York amid allegations he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex.
Taylor was formally charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute and freed on $75,000 bail. Prosecutors subsequently charged him with three further counts of criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He entered a not guilty plea in court early on Tuesday, July 13. The case is expected to go to trial after Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, insisted he was not working on a plea deal with prosecutors. If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13