Lawrence Taylor Submits Not Guilty Plea
Former American football great Lawrence Taylor has pleaded not guilty to five charges including rape stemming from an incident involving a minor in May. The retired New York Giants star, 51, was arrested on May 6 at a hotel in Montebello, New York amid allegations he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex.
Taylor was formally charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute and freed on $75,000 bail. Prosecutors subsequently charged him with three further counts of criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He entered a not guilty plea in court early on Tuesday, July 13. The case is expected to go to trial after Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, insisted he was not working on a plea deal with prosecutors. If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked