Lawrence Taylor Submits Not Guilty Plea
Former American football great Lawrence Taylor has pleaded not guilty to five charges including rape stemming from an incident involving a minor in May. The retired New York Giants star, 51, was arrested on May 6 at a hotel in Montebello, New York amid allegations he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex.
Taylor was formally charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute and freed on $75,000 bail. Prosecutors subsequently charged him with three further counts of criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He entered a not guilty plea in court early on Tuesday, July 13. The case is expected to go to trial after Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, insisted he was not working on a plea deal with prosecutors. If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates