Lawrence Taylor Submits Not Guilty Plea
Former American football great Lawrence Taylor has pleaded not guilty to five charges including rape stemming from an incident involving a minor in May. The retired New York Giants star, 51, was arrested on May 6 at a hotel in Montebello, New York amid allegations he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex.
Taylor was formally charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute and freed on $75,000 bail. Prosecutors subsequently charged him with three further counts of criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He entered a not guilty plea in court early on Tuesday, July 13. The case is expected to go to trial after Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, insisted he was not working on a plea deal with prosecutors. If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media