Lawrence Taylor Submits Not Guilty Plea
Former American football great Lawrence Taylor has pleaded not guilty to five charges including rape stemming from an incident involving a minor in May. The retired New York Giants star, 51, was arrested on May 6 at a hotel in Montebello, New York amid allegations he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex.
Taylor was formally charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute and freed on $75,000 bail. Prosecutors subsequently charged him with three further counts of criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He entered a not guilty plea in court early on Tuesday, July 13. The case is expected to go to trial after Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, insisted he was not working on a plea deal with prosecutors. If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors