Orlando Bloom Received Degree Accompanied by Miranda Kerr
Actor Orlando Bloom went back to school on Monday, July 12 to collect an honorary degree from a university in his native Canterbury, England. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star, 33, donned the traditional cap and gown and was presented with the accolade from officials at the University of Kent in recognition of his career achievements.
Bloom was joined at the graduation ceremony by his fiancee, model Miranda Kerr, his parents and his sister, and he admits he is flattered by the honor. Speaking before the ceremony, he said, "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my hometown. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury."
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed (happy), as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom wasn't the only celebrity handed a university fellowship on Monday - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall was the guest of honor at Liverpool John Moores University.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram