Orlando Bloom Received Degree Accompanied by Miranda Kerr
Actor Orlando Bloom went back to school on Monday, July 12 to collect an honorary degree from a university in his native Canterbury, England. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star, 33, donned the traditional cap and gown and was presented with the accolade from officials at the University of Kent in recognition of his career achievements.
Bloom was joined at the graduation ceremony by his fiancee, model Miranda Kerr, his parents and his sister, and he admits he is flattered by the honor. Speaking before the ceremony, he said, "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my hometown. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury."
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed (happy), as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom wasn't the only celebrity handed a university fellowship on Monday - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall was the guest of honor at Liverpool John Moores University.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester