Orlando Bloom Received Degree Accompanied by Miranda Kerr
Actor Orlando Bloom went back to school on Monday, July 12 to collect an honorary degree from a university in his native Canterbury, England. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star, 33, donned the traditional cap and gown and was presented with the accolade from officials at the University of Kent in recognition of his career achievements.
Bloom was joined at the graduation ceremony by his fiancee, model Miranda Kerr, his parents and his sister, and he admits he is flattered by the honor. Speaking before the ceremony, he said, "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my hometown. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury."
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed (happy), as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom wasn't the only celebrity handed a university fellowship on Monday - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall was the guest of honor at Liverpool John Moores University.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'