Orlando Bloom Received Degree Accompanied by Miranda Kerr
Actor Orlando Bloom went back to school on Monday, July 12 to collect an honorary degree from a university in his native Canterbury, England. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star, 33, donned the traditional cap and gown and was presented with the accolade from officials at the University of Kent in recognition of his career achievements.
Bloom was joined at the graduation ceremony by his fiancee, model Miranda Kerr, his parents and his sister, and he admits he is flattered by the honor. Speaking before the ceremony, he said, "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my hometown. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury."
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed (happy), as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom wasn't the only celebrity handed a university fellowship on Monday - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall was the guest of honor at Liverpool John Moores University.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie