Orlando Bloom Received Degree Accompanied by Miranda Kerr
Actor Orlando Bloom went back to school on Monday, July 12 to collect an honorary degree from a university in his native Canterbury, England. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star, 33, donned the traditional cap and gown and was presented with the accolade from officials at the University of Kent in recognition of his career achievements.
Bloom was joined at the graduation ceremony by his fiancee, model Miranda Kerr, his parents and his sister, and he admits he is flattered by the honor. Speaking before the ceremony, he said, "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my hometown. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury."
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed (happy), as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom wasn't the only celebrity handed a university fellowship on Monday - "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall was the guest of honor at Liverpool John Moores University.
More Orlando Bloom News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!