M.I.A.-Headlining Festival Axed
A Los Angeles music festival set to star M.I.A. and N.E.R.D has been cancelled amid reports of security concerns. Hard L.A. was due to go ahead on Saturday, July 17 at the Los Angeles State Historic Park but event organisers have now postponed the show to hold a bigger gig at the venue on August 7 instead.
Reports suggested there were safety concerns following the death of a 15-year-old girl at dance event the Electric Daisy Carnival in Los Angeles last month. But bosses at Hard LA have issued a statement insisting they were given the full go-ahead for the July 17 gig.
A message on the event's website reads, "(The event) this Saturday July 17th has been cancelled, but not due to the lack of support or the full approval from the personnel at the City of Los Angeles and California State Parks who have signed off on our comprehensive security plan. We have decided to instead produce one massive event on August 7th at the same amazing location, the Los Angeles State Historic Park in Downtown Los Angeles."
"We continue to work closely with LAFD, LAPD, City of Los Angeles, and California State Parks who continue to support all HARD events and have approved our plan to operate the HARD SUMMER MUSIC FESTIVAL at the Los Angeles State Historic Park on August 7th 2010 featuring Soulwax, Crystal Castles, Major Lazer, Erol Alkan, Diplo, Digitalism and more."
More M.I.A. News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed