Stephen Fry Is Honorary Fellow of Cardiff University
British actor/writer Stephen Fry was awarded an Honorary Fellowship from a Welsh university on Tuesday, July 13 to celebrate his career. The funnyman first found fame in the U.K. for his comedy double act with Hugh Laurie, before a successful move into theatre, film, and radio work.
He was selected as one of ten Honorary Fellows by bosses at Cardiff University in recognition of his "international distinction" and attended a ceremony at the campus on Tuesday. And in a bid to impress his hosts, Fry learned some handy phrases in the native tongue - with help from Welsh actors Michael Sheen and Matthew Rhys.
In a post on his Twitter.com blog, he writes: "Time for Cardiff Uni ceremony. The darlings are making me an hon fellow. Sweet Matthew Rhys & Michael Sheen have given me Welsh to say. Eek!" Fry then posted a picture of himself wearing flowing robes as he prepared to receive the award.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them