Noel Gallagher Slams England's Soccer Players for Losing at World Cup
Soccer fan Noel Gallagher has lashed out at England's star players for the team's lackluster performance in the World Cup. The former Oasis star admits he was disappointed by his national team, who were sent home from South Africa following a 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Germany - and he's picking on the players he feels let the side down.
Speaking to the BBC ahead of Sunday's final between Spain and the Netherlands, which the rocker attended, he fired off about Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard, Jr. He said, "He (Rooney) played like he's been hypnotized in the tunnel before and somebody had whispered in his ear, 'See the round thing, when you get out there, you'll never have seen one of them before and you won't know what to do with it'."
"At the end of the day, they (England) are not good enough. Next season, when I'm watching TV, I don't want to hear about Wayne Rooney or Frank Lampard being world class. World class means coming to a tournament like this and pulling it off on the world stage and they've never done it. Are there many English world-class players? I don't think so."
And Gallagher's soccer remarks should be heard - he correctly tipped Spain to win the World Cup at the beginning of 2010.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'