Noel Gallagher Slams England's Soccer Players for Losing at World Cup
Soccer fan Noel Gallagher has lashed out at England's star players for the team's lackluster performance in the World Cup. The former Oasis star admits he was disappointed by his national team, who were sent home from South Africa following a 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Germany - and he's picking on the players he feels let the side down.
Speaking to the BBC ahead of Sunday's final between Spain and the Netherlands, which the rocker attended, he fired off about Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard, Jr. He said, "He (Rooney) played like he's been hypnotized in the tunnel before and somebody had whispered in his ear, 'See the round thing, when you get out there, you'll never have seen one of them before and you won't know what to do with it'."
"At the end of the day, they (England) are not good enough. Next season, when I'm watching TV, I don't want to hear about Wayne Rooney or Frank Lampard being world class. World class means coming to a tournament like this and pulling it off on the world stage and they've never done it. Are there many English world-class players? I don't think so."
And Gallagher's soccer remarks should be heard - he correctly tipped Spain to win the World Cup at the beginning of 2010.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones