Defense Attorney Believes Lindsay Lohan Doesn't Have Awareness of What Will Befall Her
Defense attorney Stuart V. Goldberg has spoken of his worries for Lindsay Lohan, insisting the jail-bound actress lacks "awareness" of the "urgency" of her dire situation. Goldberg was contacted by the "Mean Girls" star after her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley attempted to resign last week, on July 8, and held a six-hour meeting with Lohan, her mum and teen sister Ali Lohan in Hollywood to discuss her case.
The legal eagle, who ultimately turned down the case, admits the Lohans "didn't seem to understand the urgency and gravity" of the situation, prompting Goldberg's fears for the actress. He tells People, "My impression of Lindsay is that she's a fragile lost child - a sleeping beauty with her head in the sand. I found her not fully forewarned of the consequence of her actions."
"I'm concerned that she's not disciplined or tethered enough to the reality of adult consequences. She doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going to befall her." Goldberg asked Lohan if she might hurt herself, which moved the star to begin "sobbing quietly". He adds, "She was genuinely in pain."
He advised Lohan to move out of the "toxic environment" of Los Angeles but she seemed to refute the suggestion, revealing "She was like Teflon to that comment. It just slid right off her. She seemed to have some inner deep sadness that that was her fate. My real worry for her is not just the jail time but my fear is that she's overly susceptible to a probation system that's set up for her to fail."
The 24-year-old star was sentenced to 90 days in jail on July 6 after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's lawyer Holley has been banned from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?