Spanish Soccer Hero Andres Iniesta Invites Kasabian to His Home
Kasabian are set for the royal treatment - soccer star Andres Iniesta plans to give the British rockers a night to remember as thanks for helping Spain win the World Cup. Spaniards were celebrating on Sunday, July 11 after their national team defeated the Netherlands 1-0 in the tournament - and now 26-year-old ace Iniesta wants to pay due credit to Kasabian, whose music helped the players get "pumped" before every match.
Iniesta tells Britain's The Sun, "I am thanking everybody who helped us win the World Cup. Kasabian were a big inspiration in the dressing room. Their 'Club Foot' has been our choice of song before we run out for about a year now. I want to say a big thank you to them, I want to offer them something."
"I want to invite them as my guests to come and watch the world's greatest football match between Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Camp Nou. I will even sort it for them to come and have a kickaround on the pitch the day before. We can go out and have a mad night in Barcelona and celebrate the World Cup win properly. They haven't got to worry about hotels, I am in the mood for sharing."
"They can come and stay at my house so I can show them my World Cup medal and we can have a couple of beers round my pool. Greatest band in the world, on behalf of Spain, I want to say thank you. Not just thank you, we love you!"
The band's Serge Pizzorno has already vowed to perform at the Spain soccer team's victory party after learning the players are huge fans of their music.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'