Spanish Soccer Hero Andres Iniesta Invites Kasabian to His Home
Kasabian are set for the royal treatment - soccer star Andres Iniesta plans to give the British rockers a night to remember as thanks for helping Spain win the World Cup. Spaniards were celebrating on Sunday, July 11 after their national team defeated the Netherlands 1-0 in the tournament - and now 26-year-old ace Iniesta wants to pay due credit to Kasabian, whose music helped the players get "pumped" before every match.
Iniesta tells Britain's The Sun, "I am thanking everybody who helped us win the World Cup. Kasabian were a big inspiration in the dressing room. Their 'Club Foot' has been our choice of song before we run out for about a year now. I want to say a big thank you to them, I want to offer them something."
"I want to invite them as my guests to come and watch the world's greatest football match between Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Camp Nou. I will even sort it for them to come and have a kickaround on the pitch the day before. We can go out and have a mad night in Barcelona and celebrate the World Cup win properly. They haven't got to worry about hotels, I am in the mood for sharing."
"They can come and stay at my house so I can show them my World Cup medal and we can have a couple of beers round my pool. Greatest band in the world, on behalf of Spain, I want to say thank you. Not just thank you, we love you!"
The band's Serge Pizzorno has already vowed to perform at the Spain soccer team's victory party after learning the players are huge fans of their music.
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role