Financial Request by Melissa Etheridge's Ex Snubbed
A judge has reportedly denied a request from Melissa Etheridge's ex to be granted $25,000 in their split - after ruling the singer is already paying for her expenses. Tammy Lynn Michaels has accused her former partner of leaving her penniless and struggling to afford necessities following their split last year.
Michaels' attorney wanted the court to order the "Come to My Window" hitmaker to pay the actress $25,000, on top of another $25,000 for legal fees. But a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has turned down the demand after the star's lawyer, Neal Hersh, proved Etheridge was giving Michaels $2,000 a month for bills, housing, food and care for their three-year-old twins.
Hersh tells People.com, "Tammy is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated. She's being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa's first priority." Another hearing between the couple is scheduled in September.
Michaels, who carried the children after she was impregnated by donor sperm, wants full legal and physical custody of son Miller and daughter Johnnie. Etheridge is seeking joint custody.
More Melissa Etheridge News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say