Financial Request by Melissa Etheridge's Ex Snubbed
A judge has reportedly denied a request from Melissa Etheridge's ex to be granted $25,000 in their split - after ruling the singer is already paying for her expenses. Tammy Lynn Michaels has accused her former partner of leaving her penniless and struggling to afford necessities following their split last year.
Michaels' attorney wanted the court to order the "Come to My Window" hitmaker to pay the actress $25,000, on top of another $25,000 for legal fees. But a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has turned down the demand after the star's lawyer, Neal Hersh, proved Etheridge was giving Michaels $2,000 a month for bills, housing, food and care for their three-year-old twins.
Hersh tells People.com, "Tammy is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated. She's being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa's first priority." Another hearing between the couple is scheduled in September.
Michaels, who carried the children after she was impregnated by donor sperm, wants full legal and physical custody of son Miller and daughter Johnnie. Etheridge is seeking joint custody.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest