Financial Request by Melissa Etheridge's Ex Snubbed
A judge has reportedly denied a request from Melissa Etheridge's ex to be granted $25,000 in their split - after ruling the singer is already paying for her expenses. Tammy Lynn Michaels has accused her former partner of leaving her penniless and struggling to afford necessities following their split last year.
Michaels' attorney wanted the court to order the "Come to My Window" hitmaker to pay the actress $25,000, on top of another $25,000 for legal fees. But a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has turned down the demand after the star's lawyer, Neal Hersh, proved Etheridge was giving Michaels $2,000 a month for bills, housing, food and care for their three-year-old twins.
Hersh tells People.com, "Tammy is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated. She's being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa's first priority." Another hearing between the couple is scheduled in September.
Michaels, who carried the children after she was impregnated by donor sperm, wants full legal and physical custody of son Miller and daughter Johnnie. Etheridge is seeking joint custody.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support