Financial Request by Melissa Etheridge's Ex Snubbed
A judge has reportedly denied a request from Melissa Etheridge's ex to be granted $25,000 in their split - after ruling the singer is already paying for her expenses. Tammy Lynn Michaels has accused her former partner of leaving her penniless and struggling to afford necessities following their split last year.
Michaels' attorney wanted the court to order the "Come to My Window" hitmaker to pay the actress $25,000, on top of another $25,000 for legal fees. But a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has turned down the demand after the star's lawyer, Neal Hersh, proved Etheridge was giving Michaels $2,000 a month for bills, housing, food and care for their three-year-old twins.
Hersh tells People.com, "Tammy is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated. She's being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa's first priority." Another hearing between the couple is scheduled in September.
Michaels, who carried the children after she was impregnated by donor sperm, wants full legal and physical custody of son Miller and daughter Johnnie. Etheridge is seeking joint custody.
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad