Financial Request by Melissa Etheridge's Ex Snubbed
A judge has reportedly denied a request from Melissa Etheridge's ex to be granted $25,000 in their split - after ruling the singer is already paying for her expenses. Tammy Lynn Michaels has accused her former partner of leaving her penniless and struggling to afford necessities following their split last year.
Michaels' attorney wanted the court to order the "Come to My Window" hitmaker to pay the actress $25,000, on top of another $25,000 for legal fees. But a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has turned down the demand after the star's lawyer, Neal Hersh, proved Etheridge was giving Michaels $2,000 a month for bills, housing, food and care for their three-year-old twins.
Hersh tells People.com, "Tammy is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated. She's being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa's first priority." Another hearing between the couple is scheduled in September.
Michaels, who carried the children after she was impregnated by donor sperm, wants full legal and physical custody of son Miller and daughter Johnnie. Etheridge is seeking joint custody.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences