John Corbett Wishes Less Hands-On Dads See His 'Ramona and Beezus'
"Sex and the City" hunk John Corbett hopes some of his less hands-on father friends see his new family film "Ramona and Beezus" because it will help them bond with their kids. The actor plays dad to Selena Gomez and Joey King in the new film and admits the movie has a very important message to fathers everywhere.
Corbett, who has no kids of his own, tells WENN, "It's kind of sad that you have to see a movie with a guy playing a father who doesn't really have any kids to say, 'Oh, I wanna be like that guy,' especially if you're at the movies and you have a couple of kids sitting next to you."
"I hope that when dads see this movie with their kids they just want to be a little closer and want to do things with their kids. So many of my friends, from a far away perspective, I can see that they really don't have a close relationship with their kids."
"Sometimes they don't know who their kids are. Time's kind of ticking and I wonder how much time they think they have left to get to know their kids. I hope that people see this movie and try to create a tighter bond with their kids."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'