Sylvester Stallone Decided to Experience 'The Expendables' Waterboarding Torture
Sylvester Stallone experienced the horrors of torture technique water-boarding when he shot a terrifying scene in new action film "The Expendables" and he's full of praise for the Mexican actress who had to go through the process three time for him.
The movie star decided to lead by example during the film's most difficult scenes and, before asking actress Giselle Itie to act out torture scenes, he decided to experience what he was putting her through as the director. And he admits he hopes he's never imprisoned and forced to give up information by waterboarding torture because it's a terrible experience, even when it's just for a movie.
He explains, "People ask, 'Is it torture?' and I have to say, 'Yeah...' Is it horrible? Yeah. As soon as they start pouring water and it gets up your nose, you have no chance. You panic and you start to breath through your mouth and then you start swallowing water too."
But Stallone was more than impressed with Itie's resilience, saying "She was great - she did it three times." U.S. President Barack Obama's government banned the use of waterboarding, which involves the placing of a liquid-soaked cloth over an immobilized victim in order to obtain information from extrajudicial prisoners like terrorists because the technique was deemed barbaric.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences