Sylvester Stallone Decided to Experience 'The Expendables' Waterboarding Torture
Sylvester Stallone experienced the horrors of torture technique water-boarding when he shot a terrifying scene in new action film "The Expendables" and he's full of praise for the Mexican actress who had to go through the process three time for him.
The movie star decided to lead by example during the film's most difficult scenes and, before asking actress Giselle Itie to act out torture scenes, he decided to experience what he was putting her through as the director. And he admits he hopes he's never imprisoned and forced to give up information by waterboarding torture because it's a terrible experience, even when it's just for a movie.
He explains, "People ask, 'Is it torture?' and I have to say, 'Yeah...' Is it horrible? Yeah. As soon as they start pouring water and it gets up your nose, you have no chance. You panic and you start to breath through your mouth and then you start swallowing water too."
But Stallone was more than impressed with Itie's resilience, saying "She was great - she did it three times." U.S. President Barack Obama's government banned the use of waterboarding, which involves the placing of a liquid-soaked cloth over an immobilized victim in order to obtain information from extrajudicial prisoners like terrorists because the technique was deemed barbaric.
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction