Led Zeppelin Reunion Almost Happened
Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones spent a year rehearsing Led Zeppelin material with a view to touring the world without frontman Robert Plant, according to drummer Jason Bonham. The trio and the late John Bonham's son teamed up for a one-off reunion concert to honor music mogul Ahmet Ertegun in December 2007, fueling reports of a full-on global tour.
But the idea never materialized as Plant refused all offers of a get together and instead concentrated on his hit side project with country star Alison Krauss. And now Bonham has revealed that he, Jones and Page had every intention of hitting the road with another singer.
But he tells MusicRadar.com, "After a while, it was just time to move on. We did a year of writing and putting stuff together. I loved working with Jimmy and John Paul. It was so much fun." However, Bonham refuses to reveal the identity of the Plant replacement, stating "Somebody else was involved, and that's all I'll say."
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!