Angelina Jolie Blames Media for Twisting Retirement Report
Angelina Jolie has played down reports she's contemplating an early retirement from Hollywood, insisting comments made in a recent Vanity Fair interview have been blown out of proportion. The "Wanted (2008)" star has been open about her desire to scale down the number of movie projects she takes on to spend more time with her partner Brad Pitt and their young family.
A recent Vanity Fair magazine article claimed Jolie was considering quitting acting for good to devote her time to her roles as a mother and a humanitarian. She was quoted as saying, "It's (acting) not the most important thing in my life... I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury... But I don't think I'll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home... I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people."
But Jolie blames media overspin for sparking reports she is turning her back on her career for good, although she admits she is keen to take some time out to pursue other activities. She says, "They (Vanity Fair editors) know how to sell a magazine. I simply said that in the years to come I'll be doing less of acting and more of other things. It's really not that interesting. It's not that I'm retiring, but there will be less films at some point and I'd love to do other things. I'd love to live in Africa for six months and fly planes."
Jolie recently completed filming on her latest movie, "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp, and has several projects lined up including a big-screen adaptation of Patricia Cornwell's popular "Kay Scarpetta" crime novels. She's also keen to make a sequel to her new spy thriller "Salt" and play both Cleopatra and "Sleeping Beauty" villain Maleficent on film.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?