Angelina Jolie Blames Media for Twisting Retirement Report
Angelina Jolie has played down reports she's contemplating an early retirement from Hollywood, insisting comments made in a recent Vanity Fair interview have been blown out of proportion. The "Wanted (2008)" star has been open about her desire to scale down the number of movie projects she takes on to spend more time with her partner Brad Pitt and their young family.
A recent Vanity Fair magazine article claimed Jolie was considering quitting acting for good to devote her time to her roles as a mother and a humanitarian. She was quoted as saying, "It's (acting) not the most important thing in my life... I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury... But I don't think I'll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home... I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people."
But Jolie blames media overspin for sparking reports she is turning her back on her career for good, although she admits she is keen to take some time out to pursue other activities. She says, "They (Vanity Fair editors) know how to sell a magazine. I simply said that in the years to come I'll be doing less of acting and more of other things. It's really not that interesting. It's not that I'm retiring, but there will be less films at some point and I'd love to do other things. I'd love to live in Africa for six months and fly planes."
Jolie recently completed filming on her latest movie, "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp, and has several projects lined up including a big-screen adaptation of Patricia Cornwell's popular "Kay Scarpetta" crime novels. She's also keen to make a sequel to her new spy thriller "Salt" and play both Cleopatra and "Sleeping Beauty" villain Maleficent on film.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group