Angelina Jolie Blames Media for Twisting Retirement Report
Angelina Jolie has played down reports she's contemplating an early retirement from Hollywood, insisting comments made in a recent Vanity Fair interview have been blown out of proportion. The "Wanted (2008)" star has been open about her desire to scale down the number of movie projects she takes on to spend more time with her partner Brad Pitt and their young family.
A recent Vanity Fair magazine article claimed Jolie was considering quitting acting for good to devote her time to her roles as a mother and a humanitarian. She was quoted as saying, "It's (acting) not the most important thing in my life... I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury... But I don't think I'll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home... I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people."
But Jolie blames media overspin for sparking reports she is turning her back on her career for good, although she admits she is keen to take some time out to pursue other activities. She says, "They (Vanity Fair editors) know how to sell a magazine. I simply said that in the years to come I'll be doing less of acting and more of other things. It's really not that interesting. It's not that I'm retiring, but there will be less films at some point and I'd love to do other things. I'd love to live in Africa for six months and fly planes."
Jolie recently completed filming on her latest movie, "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp, and has several projects lined up including a big-screen adaptation of Patricia Cornwell's popular "Kay Scarpetta" crime novels. She's also keen to make a sequel to her new spy thriller "Salt" and play both Cleopatra and "Sleeping Beauty" villain Maleficent on film.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective