Melanie Brown Sued for Allegedly Attacking a Man
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown is facing a $1.5 million lawsuit from a real estate agent who alleges he was attacked after he was mistaken for a photographer. Amado Aguirre claims he was sitting in his car outside the singer's Los Angeles home taking pictures of houses in the street to help estimate the value of a neighboring property in December last year.
He alleges the singer, her husband Stephen Belafonte, and a third man named Amin Zahedi mistook him for a paparazzo and attacked him, according to legal papers acquired by TMZ.com.
Aguirre, who claims he suffered neck injuries and a broken hand in the incident, is seeking $1 million in punitive damages, as well as $350,000 in other damages, $35,000 in medical expenses and $100,000 for loss of future earnings.
More Melanie Brown News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer