Melanie Brown Sued for Allegedly Attacking a Man
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown is facing a $1.5 million lawsuit from a real estate agent who alleges he was attacked after he was mistaken for a photographer. Amado Aguirre claims he was sitting in his car outside the singer's Los Angeles home taking pictures of houses in the street to help estimate the value of a neighboring property in December last year.
He alleges the singer, her husband Stephen Belafonte, and a third man named Amin Zahedi mistook him for a paparazzo and attacked him, according to legal papers acquired by TMZ.com.
Aguirre, who claims he suffered neck injuries and a broken hand in the incident, is seeking $1 million in punitive damages, as well as $350,000 in other damages, $35,000 in medical expenses and $100,000 for loss of future earnings.
More Melanie Brown News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers