Kylie Minogue 'Ecstatic' With U.K. Chart Topping Album
New aunt Kylie Minogue has another reason to celebrate following the birth of her nephew Ethan - her latest album has shot straight to the top of the U.K. charts. The singer became a proud aunt after her little sister Dannii Minogue welcomed a son on Monday, July 5, and now she's received even more good news after claiming her fifth U.K. number one with "Aphrodite".
And Minogue, who pushed Eminem's "Recovery" into second place, has thanked her fans for helping her land the achievement. She says, "I am ecstatic! My hopes for this album were that people would be moved, that the songs could bring about emotion."
"The euphoric heart of this album has taken flight and the response has been nothing short of incredible. My thanks as always to the many talented and dedicated people with whom I work and the fans who have been so supportive all these years." The Australian pop star has previously ruled the U.K. charts with "Fever", "Enjoy Yourself", "Kylie! The Album" and a greatest hits compilation.
Meanwhile, in the singles chart, British boyband JLS scored first place with their dancefloor anthem "The Club Is Alive", while pop star Katy Perry's hit "California Gurls" was second. "Airplanes", a collaboration between rapper B.o.B and Paramore's Hayley Williams, came third; Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna was fourth, and Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP's "We No Speak Americano" rounded out the top five.
More Kylie Minogue News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent