Kylie Minogue 'Ecstatic' With U.K. Chart Topping Album
New aunt Kylie Minogue has another reason to celebrate following the birth of her nephew Ethan - her latest album has shot straight to the top of the U.K. charts. The singer became a proud aunt after her little sister Dannii Minogue welcomed a son on Monday, July 5, and now she's received even more good news after claiming her fifth U.K. number one with "Aphrodite".
And Minogue, who pushed Eminem's "Recovery" into second place, has thanked her fans for helping her land the achievement. She says, "I am ecstatic! My hopes for this album were that people would be moved, that the songs could bring about emotion."
"The euphoric heart of this album has taken flight and the response has been nothing short of incredible. My thanks as always to the many talented and dedicated people with whom I work and the fans who have been so supportive all these years." The Australian pop star has previously ruled the U.K. charts with "Fever", "Enjoy Yourself", "Kylie! The Album" and a greatest hits compilation.
Meanwhile, in the singles chart, British boyband JLS scored first place with their dancefloor anthem "The Club Is Alive", while pop star Katy Perry's hit "California Gurls" was second. "Airplanes", a collaboration between rapper B.o.B and Paramore's Hayley Williams, came third; Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna was fourth, and Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP's "We No Speak Americano" rounded out the top five.
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans