Zooey Deschanel Is Vegan No More
Actress Zooey Deschanel was forced to give up her vegan diet - because it was far too limiting. The "Elf" star gave up meat some years ago but recently turned her back on her vegetarian and non-dairy regimen after discovering she couldn't eat soy or wheat products.
She tells Bust magazine, "I gave it a good try, but sometimes you just need a little something, a little meat." She added to Health magazine, her food sensitivities made it difficult for her to star healthy as a vegetarian.
Deschanel was featured in the eighth episode of the first season of the Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters". In the cooking competition show, she asked the chefs to cater a vegan lunch party for her family and friends using no eggs, dairy, soy, or gluten.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?