Zooey Deschanel Is Vegan No More
Actress Zooey Deschanel was forced to give up her vegan diet - because it was far too limiting. The "Elf" star gave up meat some years ago but recently turned her back on her vegetarian and non-dairy regimen after discovering she couldn't eat soy or wheat products.
She tells Bust magazine, "I gave it a good try, but sometimes you just need a little something, a little meat." She added to Health magazine, her food sensitivities made it difficult for her to star healthy as a vegetarian.
Deschanel was featured in the eighth episode of the first season of the Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters". In the cooking competition show, she asked the chefs to cater a vegan lunch party for her family and friends using no eggs, dairy, soy, or gluten.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years