Zooey Deschanel Is Vegan No More
Actress Zooey Deschanel was forced to give up her vegan diet - because it was far too limiting. The "Elf" star gave up meat some years ago but recently turned her back on her vegetarian and non-dairy regimen after discovering she couldn't eat soy or wheat products.
She tells Bust magazine, "I gave it a good try, but sometimes you just need a little something, a little meat." She added to Health magazine, her food sensitivities made it difficult for her to star healthy as a vegetarian.
Deschanel was featured in the eighth episode of the first season of the Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters". In the cooking competition show, she asked the chefs to cater a vegan lunch party for her family and friends using no eggs, dairy, soy, or gluten.
More Zooey Deschanel News
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'