Zooey Deschanel Is Vegan No More
Actress Zooey Deschanel was forced to give up her vegan diet - because it was far too limiting. The "Elf" star gave up meat some years ago but recently turned her back on her vegetarian and non-dairy regimen after discovering she couldn't eat soy or wheat products.
She tells Bust magazine, "I gave it a good try, but sometimes you just need a little something, a little meat." She added to Health magazine, her food sensitivities made it difficult for her to star healthy as a vegetarian.
Deschanel was featured in the eighth episode of the first season of the Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters". In the cooking competition show, she asked the chefs to cater a vegan lunch party for her family and friends using no eggs, dairy, soy, or gluten.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign