Zooey Deschanel Is Vegan No More
Actress Zooey Deschanel was forced to give up her vegan diet - because it was far too limiting. The "Elf" star gave up meat some years ago but recently turned her back on her vegetarian and non-dairy regimen after discovering she couldn't eat soy or wheat products.
She tells Bust magazine, "I gave it a good try, but sometimes you just need a little something, a little meat." She added to Health magazine, her food sensitivities made it difficult for her to star healthy as a vegetarian.
Deschanel was featured in the eighth episode of the first season of the Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters". In the cooking competition show, she asked the chefs to cater a vegan lunch party for her family and friends using no eggs, dairy, soy, or gluten.
More Zooey Deschanel News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special