Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Banned From Quitting
Top celebrity lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley is stuck with Lindsay Lohan as her client - a judge has banned the attorney from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court, according to a U.S. report.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail last week after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's legal woes took yet another turn for the worse on Thursday, July 8 when Holley resigned as her attorney.
But Holley's plans to walk away from Lohan's legal mess have been put on hold by Judge Revel until proper notification has been filed in the Los Angeles court, reports the New York Post. A court insider tells the publication, "The judge told Holley she can't quit and leave Lindsay without representation. She has to stay on the case until Lindsay has a substitution of attorney filed with the court."
Reports suggest Lohan has since selected Tiffany Feder-Cohen as her new lawyer, while Stuart V. Goldberg has also been linked to the vacant role.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics