Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Banned From Quitting
Top celebrity lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley is stuck with Lindsay Lohan as her client - a judge has banned the attorney from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court, according to a U.S. report.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail last week after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's legal woes took yet another turn for the worse on Thursday, July 8 when Holley resigned as her attorney.
But Holley's plans to walk away from Lohan's legal mess have been put on hold by Judge Revel until proper notification has been filed in the Los Angeles court, reports the New York Post. A court insider tells the publication, "The judge told Holley she can't quit and leave Lindsay without representation. She has to stay on the case until Lindsay has a substitution of attorney filed with the court."
Reports suggest Lohan has since selected Tiffany Feder-Cohen as her new lawyer, while Stuart V. Goldberg has also been linked to the vacant role.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'