Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Banned From Quitting
Top celebrity lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley is stuck with Lindsay Lohan as her client - a judge has banned the attorney from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court, according to a U.S. report.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail last week after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's legal woes took yet another turn for the worse on Thursday, July 8 when Holley resigned as her attorney.
But Holley's plans to walk away from Lohan's legal mess have been put on hold by Judge Revel until proper notification has been filed in the Los Angeles court, reports the New York Post. A court insider tells the publication, "The judge told Holley she can't quit and leave Lindsay without representation. She has to stay on the case until Lindsay has a substitution of attorney filed with the court."
Reports suggest Lohan has since selected Tiffany Feder-Cohen as her new lawyer, while Stuart V. Goldberg has also been linked to the vacant role.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism