Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Banned From Quitting
Top celebrity lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley is stuck with Lindsay Lohan as her client - a judge has banned the attorney from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court, according to a U.S. report.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail last week after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's legal woes took yet another turn for the worse on Thursday, July 8 when Holley resigned as her attorney.
But Holley's plans to walk away from Lohan's legal mess have been put on hold by Judge Revel until proper notification has been filed in the Los Angeles court, reports the New York Post. A court insider tells the publication, "The judge told Holley she can't quit and leave Lindsay without representation. She has to stay on the case until Lindsay has a substitution of attorney filed with the court."
Reports suggest Lohan has since selected Tiffany Feder-Cohen as her new lawyer, while Stuart V. Goldberg has also been linked to the vacant role.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris