Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Banned From Quitting
Top celebrity lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley is stuck with Lindsay Lohan as her client - a judge has banned the attorney from quitting until papers for a replacement are filed in court, according to a U.S. report.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail last week after Judge Marsha Revel ruled she had broken the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Lohan's legal woes took yet another turn for the worse on Thursday, July 8 when Holley resigned as her attorney.
But Holley's plans to walk away from Lohan's legal mess have been put on hold by Judge Revel until proper notification has been filed in the Los Angeles court, reports the New York Post. A court insider tells the publication, "The judge told Holley she can't quit and leave Lindsay without representation. She has to stay on the case until Lindsay has a substitution of attorney filed with the court."
Reports suggest Lohan has since selected Tiffany Feder-Cohen as her new lawyer, while Stuart V. Goldberg has also been linked to the vacant role.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern