Ill Cheryl Cole Drops Involvement at V Festival
British singer Cheryl Cole has pulled out of a performance at the U.K.'s upcoming V Festival as she continues to battle malaria. Doctors have advised the Girls Aloud star to rest as she fights the mosquito-borne illness, which has reportedly left her jaundiced and unable to speak.
Cole's rep has confirmed the star is making "good progress" in her recovery but she will no longer take part in England's V Festival on August 21 and 22. She's also axed further filming in her role as a judge during 'boot camp' auditions in Simon Cowell's U.K. talent show "The X Factor", which were due to begin on July 22.
Her spokesperson tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Cheryl Cole is making good progress but following medical advice she will not be able to take part in X Factor's boot camp stage or perform at V Festival."
The news comes after reports suggested Cole was "hours from death" before she was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend. Cole has since been moved from the hospital's intensive care unit into a private clinic.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'