Ill Cheryl Cole Drops Involvement at V Festival
British singer Cheryl Cole has pulled out of a performance at the U.K.'s upcoming V Festival as she continues to battle malaria. Doctors have advised the Girls Aloud star to rest as she fights the mosquito-borne illness, which has reportedly left her jaundiced and unable to speak.
Cole's rep has confirmed the star is making "good progress" in her recovery but she will no longer take part in England's V Festival on August 21 and 22. She's also axed further filming in her role as a judge during 'boot camp' auditions in Simon Cowell's U.K. talent show "The X Factor", which were due to begin on July 22.
Her spokesperson tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Cheryl Cole is making good progress but following medical advice she will not be able to take part in X Factor's boot camp stage or perform at V Festival."
The news comes after reports suggested Cole was "hours from death" before she was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend. Cole has since been moved from the hospital's intensive care unit into a private clinic.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences