Tom Jones Receives Apology for 'Sick Joke' Remark
Crooner Tom Jones has received an apology from a record label boss over a leaked email which described his spiritual new album as a "sick joke". The veteran star signed a multi-million dollar contract with Island Records last October and is set to release his latest disc, "Praise & Blame", at the end of this month.
An email from Island's vice president David Sharpe to his colleagues at the company revealed he was thoroughly unimpressed with the new tracks - he slammed Jones' sound and told co-workers to "pull back this project immediately or get my money back".
But Sharpe has since apologized to Jones for the comments. The "It's Not Unusual" hitmaker tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper, "They've apologized. They can't apologize enough."
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices