Tom Jones Receives Apology for 'Sick Joke' Remark
Crooner Tom Jones has received an apology from a record label boss over a leaked email which described his spiritual new album as a "sick joke". The veteran star signed a multi-million dollar contract with Island Records last October and is set to release his latest disc, "Praise & Blame", at the end of this month.
An email from Island's vice president David Sharpe to his colleagues at the company revealed he was thoroughly unimpressed with the new tracks - he slammed Jones' sound and told co-workers to "pull back this project immediately or get my money back".
But Sharpe has since apologized to Jones for the comments. The "It's Not Unusual" hitmaker tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper, "They've apologized. They can't apologize enough."
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her