Tom Jones Receives Apology for 'Sick Joke' Remark
Crooner Tom Jones has received an apology from a record label boss over a leaked email which described his spiritual new album as a "sick joke". The veteran star signed a multi-million dollar contract with Island Records last October and is set to release his latest disc, "Praise & Blame", at the end of this month.
An email from Island's vice president David Sharpe to his colleagues at the company revealed he was thoroughly unimpressed with the new tracks - he slammed Jones' sound and told co-workers to "pull back this project immediately or get my money back".
But Sharpe has since apologized to Jones for the comments. The "It's Not Unusual" hitmaker tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper, "They've apologized. They can't apologize enough."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen