Leona Lewis Visited Abused Bears in Romania
British pop star Leona Lewis has paid a visit to a bear sanctuary in Romania to learn more about the work of the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker and animal lover recently wrapped up her European tour and chose to dedicate the last two days of her trip to spending time with the abused grizzlies, which were saved from a life of torture as tourist attractions.
And the animal lover, who is a staunch vegetarian, is full of praise for WSPA officials for providing such good care. She says, "When I heard about the kind of lives that captive bears suffer around the world, I was shocked. After what they've been through, they can't be released back into the wild. So I asked WSPA if I could visit one of their bear sanctuaries to see for myself how the bears are cared for after they've been rescued."
Taking to her Twitter.com page after her visit to the animal sanctuary, Lewis wrote, "Heading back after my trip to the bear sanctuary! Its (sic) sooo amazing, the bears are magnificent. After a life of abuse they r finally happy!"
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host
- Independent Justin Bieber's Reportedly Doing His Own Underwear Laundry When Staying at Posh Hotel