Leona Lewis Visited Abused Bears in Romania
British pop star Leona Lewis has paid a visit to a bear sanctuary in Romania to learn more about the work of the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker and animal lover recently wrapped up her European tour and chose to dedicate the last two days of her trip to spending time with the abused grizzlies, which were saved from a life of torture as tourist attractions.
And the animal lover, who is a staunch vegetarian, is full of praise for WSPA officials for providing such good care. She says, "When I heard about the kind of lives that captive bears suffer around the world, I was shocked. After what they've been through, they can't be released back into the wild. So I asked WSPA if I could visit one of their bear sanctuaries to see for myself how the bears are cared for after they've been rescued."
Taking to her Twitter.com page after her visit to the animal sanctuary, Lewis wrote, "Heading back after my trip to the bear sanctuary! Its (sic) sooo amazing, the bears are magnificent. After a life of abuse they r finally happy!"
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says