Leona Lewis Visited Abused Bears in Romania
British pop star Leona Lewis has paid a visit to a bear sanctuary in Romania to learn more about the work of the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker and animal lover recently wrapped up her European tour and chose to dedicate the last two days of her trip to spending time with the abused grizzlies, which were saved from a life of torture as tourist attractions.
And the animal lover, who is a staunch vegetarian, is full of praise for WSPA officials for providing such good care. She says, "When I heard about the kind of lives that captive bears suffer around the world, I was shocked. After what they've been through, they can't be released back into the wild. So I asked WSPA if I could visit one of their bear sanctuaries to see for myself how the bears are cared for after they've been rescued."
Taking to her Twitter.com page after her visit to the animal sanctuary, Lewis wrote, "Heading back after my trip to the bear sanctuary! Its (sic) sooo amazing, the bears are magnificent. After a life of abuse they r finally happy!"
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip