Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes Plot Romantic Vacation to Save Marriage
Actress Kate Winslet and director Sam Mendes are attempting to save their marriage with a romantic summer break, according to a U.K. report. The stars made headlines when they announced in March that their seven-year marriage had come to an end earlier this year.
The split seemed to be amicable - both of them stepped out together for a family day out with their six-year-old son Joe and Mia Honey, Winslet's nine-year-old daughter from her first marriage to Jim Threapleton, just weeks after the news was announced. And the former couple is reportedly planning to take time out of the spotlight to head to their Gloucestershire, England manor house to work on their relationship - in the hope they can find "the spark" in their romance again.
A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Sam hasn't any film commitments at the moment so they are going to stay at the house with the children this summer and see if they can reignite their spark. Sam has always been able to walk away from girlfriends before but now there are children involved he wants to see if he can work it out with Kate."
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer