Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes Plot Romantic Vacation to Save Marriage
Actress Kate Winslet and director Sam Mendes are attempting to save their marriage with a romantic summer break, according to a U.K. report. The stars made headlines when they announced in March that their seven-year marriage had come to an end earlier this year.
The split seemed to be amicable - both of them stepped out together for a family day out with their six-year-old son Joe and Mia Honey, Winslet's nine-year-old daughter from her first marriage to Jim Threapleton, just weeks after the news was announced. And the former couple is reportedly planning to take time out of the spotlight to head to their Gloucestershire, England manor house to work on their relationship - in the hope they can find "the spark" in their romance again.
A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Sam hasn't any film commitments at the moment so they are going to stay at the house with the children this summer and see if they can reignite their spark. Sam has always been able to walk away from girlfriends before but now there are children involved he wants to see if he can work it out with Kate."
More Kate Winslet News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years