Kelly Rutherford's Divorce to Daniel Giersch Has Been Made Official
"Gossip Girl" star Kelly Rutherford's nightmare divorce battle is over - her split from ex-beau Daniel Giersch has been made official. The actress filed for divorce from the German businessman in December 2008 while she was pregnant with their second child, and the couple subsequently became embroiled in a custody fight over their two kids.
The war turned nasty when Rutherford accused Giersch of making threats and trailing her, her mother and nanny, and took out a temporary restraining order against her ex. But the star can now move on - she was deemed a single woman on June 6 and had her surname officially changed back to Rutherford from Giersch, according to legal documents filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ.com.
Rutherford married Giersch, her second husband, in August 2006.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance