Lindsay Lohan Urged to Give Up Smoking Before Going to Jail
Friends are urging Lindsay Lohan to stamp out her tobacco habit before she heads behind bars - because smoking is banned in the prison where she'll serve time, according to reports. The actress is due to surrender to authorities on July 20 to begin her 90-day sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California.
The all-female prison, where Paris Hilton was locked up in 2007, has a zero tolerance no-smoking policy - a rule Lohan is expected to struggle with. An unnamed pal of the star tells TMZ.com, "(Lohan is) a serious chain-smoker. The first thing she does when she wakes up is light a cigarette."
"I'm honestly scared for (Lohan)... I don't think she's gone a day without smoking in years. This isn't something she can stop overnight. It's a serious condition." Lohan was sentenced to serve 90 days behind bars for violating the terms of her probation on a 2007 DUI arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch