Lindsay Lohan Urged to Give Up Smoking Before Going to Jail
Friends are urging Lindsay Lohan to stamp out her tobacco habit before she heads behind bars - because smoking is banned in the prison where she'll serve time, according to reports. The actress is due to surrender to authorities on July 20 to begin her 90-day sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California.
The all-female prison, where Paris Hilton was locked up in 2007, has a zero tolerance no-smoking policy - a rule Lohan is expected to struggle with. An unnamed pal of the star tells TMZ.com, "(Lohan is) a serious chain-smoker. The first thing she does when she wakes up is light a cigarette."
"I'm honestly scared for (Lohan)... I don't think she's gone a day without smoking in years. This isn't something she can stop overnight. It's a serious condition." Lohan was sentenced to serve 90 days behind bars for violating the terms of her probation on a 2007 DUI arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son