Susan Boyle Has No Idea What She's Worth
Overnight sensation Susan Boyle has no idea how much money she's making and insists she's struggling to come to terms with the idea she's a multimillionaire. The modest Scot shot to stardom in 2009 after performing on British talent show "Britain's Got Talent", and she has since sold in excess of 10 million albums to become one of the biggest selling artists of the past decade.
But, as the cash starts tumbling in, Boyle admits she has no idea what she's worth. In a new TV interview with Piers Morgan, the talent show judge who helped Boyle get her big break, the singer says, "I've never asked (my accountants)."
And when Morgan recalled a story that she recently received a cheque for $7 million, Boyle joked, "That's a lot of cash, a lot of sweeties... Somebody told me I did (make that). It hasn't sunk in yet... It's handy to pay the bills." Boyle admits she is enjoying sharing her new-found wealth, saying "I like to help other people... I like to give others a chance."
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant