Ray Charles Musical Play Pushed Back to 2011
A new Broadway musical based on the life of late R&B legend Ray Charles has been postponed until 2011. "Unchain My Heart", produced by Charles' longtime collaborator Stuart Benjamin, was expected to begin previews this October, but producers have been forced to push back the launch until spring 2011 due to "logistical reasons".
The play, starring Brandon Victor Dixon as the iconic singer, will now open at New York's Shubert Theater instead of the Barry Theater. Charles, who died in 2004, was played on the big screen by Jamie Foxx, a role that won the star an Oscar.
Additionally, "Unchain My Heart" will feature choreography by Kenneth L. Roberson with associate Edgar Godineaux, music supervision and arrangements by Rahn Coleman, orchestrations by Harold Wheeler and music direction by Shelton Becton.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding