Ray Charles Musical Play Pushed Back to 2011
A new Broadway musical based on the life of late R&B legend Ray Charles has been postponed until 2011. "Unchain My Heart", produced by Charles' longtime collaborator Stuart Benjamin, was expected to begin previews this October, but producers have been forced to push back the launch until spring 2011 due to "logistical reasons".
The play, starring Brandon Victor Dixon as the iconic singer, will now open at New York's Shubert Theater instead of the Barry Theater. Charles, who died in 2004, was played on the big screen by Jamie Foxx, a role that won the star an Oscar.
Additionally, "Unchain My Heart" will feature choreography by Kenneth L. Roberson with associate Edgar Godineaux, music supervision and arrangements by Rahn Coleman, orchestrations by Harold Wheeler and music direction by Shelton Becton.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet