Ray Charles Musical Play Pushed Back to 2011
A new Broadway musical based on the life of late R&B legend Ray Charles has been postponed until 2011. "Unchain My Heart", produced by Charles' longtime collaborator Stuart Benjamin, was expected to begin previews this October, but producers have been forced to push back the launch until spring 2011 due to "logistical reasons".
The play, starring Brandon Victor Dixon as the iconic singer, will now open at New York's Shubert Theater instead of the Barry Theater. Charles, who died in 2004, was played on the big screen by Jamie Foxx, a role that won the star an Oscar.
Additionally, "Unchain My Heart" will feature choreography by Kenneth L. Roberson with associate Edgar Godineaux, music supervision and arrangements by Rahn Coleman, orchestrations by Harold Wheeler and music direction by Shelton Becton.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab