Ray Charles Musical Play Pushed Back to 2011
A new Broadway musical based on the life of late R&B legend Ray Charles has been postponed until 2011. "Unchain My Heart", produced by Charles' longtime collaborator Stuart Benjamin, was expected to begin previews this October, but producers have been forced to push back the launch until spring 2011 due to "logistical reasons".
The play, starring Brandon Victor Dixon as the iconic singer, will now open at New York's Shubert Theater instead of the Barry Theater. Charles, who died in 2004, was played on the big screen by Jamie Foxx, a role that won the star an Oscar.
Additionally, "Unchain My Heart" will feature choreography by Kenneth L. Roberson with associate Edgar Godineaux, music supervision and arrangements by Rahn Coleman, orchestrations by Harold Wheeler and music direction by Shelton Becton.
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'