Ray Charles Musical Play Pushed Back to 2011
A new Broadway musical based on the life of late R&B legend Ray Charles has been postponed until 2011. "Unchain My Heart", produced by Charles' longtime collaborator Stuart Benjamin, was expected to begin previews this October, but producers have been forced to push back the launch until spring 2011 due to "logistical reasons".
The play, starring Brandon Victor Dixon as the iconic singer, will now open at New York's Shubert Theater instead of the Barry Theater. Charles, who died in 2004, was played on the big screen by Jamie Foxx, a role that won the star an Oscar.
Additionally, "Unchain My Heart" will feature choreography by Kenneth L. Roberson with associate Edgar Godineaux, music supervision and arrangements by Rahn Coleman, orchestrations by Harold Wheeler and music direction by Shelton Becton.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny