Cheryl Cole Moved Out of Intensive Unit Care
British pop star Cheryl Cole has been moved out of a London hospital's intensive care unit as she continues to battle malaria. The Girls Aloud's singer was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend after collapsing at a photo shoot. She is believed to have contracted the mosquito-borne illness during a trip to Tanzania in June.
She was treated in the specialist unit for tropical diseases, where her condition was said to be "a lot more serious" than doctors initially thought, but her health has shown signs of improvement and she is no longer thought to be in the danger zone.
In a statement issued on Friday afternoon, July 9, her representative says, "Cheryl Cole today came out of intensive care and has left UCLH. She has now been transferred to a private clinic where she will remain for her recovery."
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna