Cheryl Cole Moved Out of Intensive Unit Care
British pop star Cheryl Cole has been moved out of a London hospital's intensive care unit as she continues to battle malaria. The Girls Aloud's singer was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend after collapsing at a photo shoot. She is believed to have contracted the mosquito-borne illness during a trip to Tanzania in June.
She was treated in the specialist unit for tropical diseases, where her condition was said to be "a lot more serious" than doctors initially thought, but her health has shown signs of improvement and she is no longer thought to be in the danger zone.
In a statement issued on Friday afternoon, July 9, her representative says, "Cheryl Cole today came out of intensive care and has left UCLH. She has now been transferred to a private clinic where she will remain for her recovery."
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation