Cheryl Cole Moved Out of Intensive Unit Care
British pop star Cheryl Cole has been moved out of a London hospital's intensive care unit as she continues to battle malaria. The Girls Aloud's singer was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend after collapsing at a photo shoot. She is believed to have contracted the mosquito-borne illness during a trip to Tanzania in June.
She was treated in the specialist unit for tropical diseases, where her condition was said to be "a lot more serious" than doctors initially thought, but her health has shown signs of improvement and she is no longer thought to be in the danger zone.
In a statement issued on Friday afternoon, July 9, her representative says, "Cheryl Cole today came out of intensive care and has left UCLH. She has now been transferred to a private clinic where she will remain for her recovery."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour