Cheryl Cole Moved Out of Intensive Unit Care
British pop star Cheryl Cole has been moved out of a London hospital's intensive care unit as she continues to battle malaria. The Girls Aloud's singer was admitted to University College London Hospital (UCLH) and diagnosed with the potentially deadly disease last weekend after collapsing at a photo shoot. She is believed to have contracted the mosquito-borne illness during a trip to Tanzania in June.
She was treated in the specialist unit for tropical diseases, where her condition was said to be "a lot more serious" than doctors initially thought, but her health has shown signs of improvement and she is no longer thought to be in the danger zone.
In a statement issued on Friday afternoon, July 9, her representative says, "Cheryl Cole today came out of intensive care and has left UCLH. She has now been transferred to a private clinic where she will remain for her recovery."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna