Estranged Father Vows to Support Lindsay Lohan During Her Jail Stint
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father has vowed to stand by his troubled daughter as she prepares for a stint in jail even though the actress has continued to ignore him amid a string of public attacks on her and her mother. The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days behind bars on Tuesday, July 6 after violating the terms of her probation stemming from her 2007 DUI arrest.
Her dad Michael had hoped to convince the judge to send Lindsay to rehab instead, after claiming the troubled star suffers from an addiction to prescription pills, but his request to address the court on Tuesday was denied. Michael, a former convict himself, has promised to support the actress when she begins her sentence by visiting her daily to keep her spirits up even though he told news show Access Hollywood on Thursday, July 8 Lindsay was not the daughter he raised.
He tells Us Magazine "It's just a horrible experience. Twenty-three hours a day, she'll be locked up. I'm going to get her out of that cell as much as I can." However, the born-again Christian admits he faces a hard task to convince the 24-year-old star to start opening up to him again.
Michael claims Lindsay has stopped talking to him because she knows he still wants to "throw her" in rehab. He adds, "I've been trying to tell her how much I love her, that I'm behind her, that when she's ready, I'm ready to help her."
Lindsay, who is planning to appeal the ruling, is due to surrender to Los Angeles police and start serving her time behind bars on July 20.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest