Charlie Sheen's Court Hearing Postponed Again Until August
Jail-bound actor Charlie Sheen has been granted an extra few weeks of freedom before he has to turn himself into authorities - the next hearing in his assault case has been postponed until August. The "Two and a Half Men" star was originally expected to start a 30-day sentence at Pitkin County Jail in Colorado on June 7, but issues regarding his plea deal prompted officials to stall the case, stemming from a 2009 Christmas Day fight with wife Brooke Mueller.
It was continued to July 12. And now Sheen has learned he will have to wait a little longer before he can start his jail spell - Monday's, July 12 court date has been rescheduled for August 2, according to TMZ.
The site reports lawyers for both parties are still struggling to work out the finer details of the plea agreement. Sheen, who was due to return to work on his hit sitcom on August 3, will allegedly enter a no contest plea to a charge of third degree assault when he appears before a court in August.
The wait will not be welcomed by Sheen - he wants to serve his time. Shortly after the case was continued in June he said, "I wouldn't mind getting the thing done and getting it behind me."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?