Charlie Sheen's Court Hearing Postponed Again Until August
Jail-bound actor Charlie Sheen has been granted an extra few weeks of freedom before he has to turn himself into authorities - the next hearing in his assault case has been postponed until August. The "Two and a Half Men" star was originally expected to start a 30-day sentence at Pitkin County Jail in Colorado on June 7, but issues regarding his plea deal prompted officials to stall the case, stemming from a 2009 Christmas Day fight with wife Brooke Mueller.
It was continued to July 12. And now Sheen has learned he will have to wait a little longer before he can start his jail spell - Monday's, July 12 court date has been rescheduled for August 2, according to TMZ.
The site reports lawyers for both parties are still struggling to work out the finer details of the plea agreement. Sheen, who was due to return to work on his hit sitcom on August 3, will allegedly enter a no contest plea to a charge of third degree assault when he appears before a court in August.
The wait will not be welcomed by Sheen - he wants to serve his time. Shortly after the case was continued in June he said, "I wouldn't mind getting the thing done and getting it behind me."
More Charlie Sheen News
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film