Susan Boyle Launches Duet Competition
Susan Boyle wants her fans to experience the same overnight success she garnered in 2009 - she's launching a search to find a singer to duet on her new album. The Scottish sensation catapulted to international stardom after auditioning on "Britain's Got Talent", leading to her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" smashing records and selling more than nine million copies.
Boyle has been enjoying her new-found stardom so much she wants to give back to her fans by calling for singers to compete for inclusion on her next record, "The Gift". She says, "Last year my dream of becoming a recording artist came true after auditioning on Britain's Got Talent. Since then, I've had an absolutely fantastic time. It's been a real gift to me and now I would like to pass on the gift to someone else..."
"There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't have the confidence or perhaps the means to enter a big competition like Britain's Got Talent. So this might be a lot less daunting for some people as they can record the song in the privacy of their own home. I'm hoping that people who have always wanted to sing will give it a try. I wish you all good luck."
The competition is being run on Boyle's official website until July 23. Fans are asked to upload videos of themselves singing "Silent Night" to try and win the contest.
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis
- Paris Jackson Channels Marilyn Monroe as She's Dubbed Vanity Fair's Newest 'It Girl'
- Macaulay Culkin Plays Kurt Cobain in Father John Misty's Video for 'Total Entertainment Forever'