Susan Boyle Launches Duet Competition
Susan Boyle wants her fans to experience the same overnight success she garnered in 2009 - she's launching a search to find a singer to duet on her new album. The Scottish sensation catapulted to international stardom after auditioning on "Britain's Got Talent", leading to her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" smashing records and selling more than nine million copies.
Boyle has been enjoying her new-found stardom so much she wants to give back to her fans by calling for singers to compete for inclusion on her next record, "The Gift". She says, "Last year my dream of becoming a recording artist came true after auditioning on Britain's Got Talent. Since then, I've had an absolutely fantastic time. It's been a real gift to me and now I would like to pass on the gift to someone else..."
"There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't have the confidence or perhaps the means to enter a big competition like Britain's Got Talent. So this might be a lot less daunting for some people as they can record the song in the privacy of their own home. I'm hoping that people who have always wanted to sing will give it a try. I wish you all good luck."
The competition is being run on Boyle's official website until July 23. Fans are asked to upload videos of themselves singing "Silent Night" to try and win the contest.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics