Lindsay Lohan Scared of Jail Time
Lindsay Lohan is so terrified about her upcoming three-month prison sentence, she's struggling to sleep, according to the actress' mum Dina. The "Mean Girls" star is due to head behind bars on July 20 after breaking the terms of her probation from a previous DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes.
Lohan was seen sobbing in the courtroom after the judge delivered the sentence on Tuesday, July 6, and her mum admits the 24 year old has been restless ever since because she's "scared to death" about going to jail. Dina tells Entertainment Tonight, "She's strong, but until someone faces something as devastating as that (jail)... we're going to have to see... Lindsay's scared to death. It's very difficult, we're not sleeping well, we're not functioning. We cry a lot and we hug a lot. She's petrified, we all are. We're angry. We're disappointed in the system."
And Dina is hopeful a new attorney will help her daughter file a successful appeal before her prison term, adding: "(Lindsay's) a fighter, and until the final result we're not giving up. I think it's time we get another attorney just to see it from another light and do damage control." The lawyer who defended Lohan in her probation violation resigned on Thursday, July 8 and the star will now reportedly be represented by Tiffany Feder-Cohen.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'