Kasabian Credited in Spain's Victory Over Germany
Spanish soccer fans have Kasabian to thank for their team's appearance in the World Cup final - because the players listen to the band's music to "pump" them up before every match. The national team beat Germany on Wednesday, July 7 to reach the final of the soccer competition for the first time - and it's all thanks to Kasabian's hit "Club Foot", according to Spanish soccer star Fernando Torres.
He says, "'Club Foot' has got us to the final, so I would like to give a big thanks to Kasabian. Of course we will be playing it before the final against Holland on Sunday. So if the band are sitting watching the game then they will know that at about 7.20pm we will be getting pumped up to their most classic track."
And Torres is so thankful for Kasabian's music he's even planning to give the band a special gift if his teammates triumph on Sunday: "If we win the World Cup I would like to present them with a Spain shirt signed by all of us lads because their music has been a big inspiration to us in the dressing room. We will all come to watch them."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes