Kasabian Credited in Spain's Victory Over Germany
Spanish soccer fans have Kasabian to thank for their team's appearance in the World Cup final - because the players listen to the band's music to "pump" them up before every match. The national team beat Germany on Wednesday, July 7 to reach the final of the soccer competition for the first time - and it's all thanks to Kasabian's hit "Club Foot", according to Spanish soccer star Fernando Torres.
He says, "'Club Foot' has got us to the final, so I would like to give a big thanks to Kasabian. Of course we will be playing it before the final against Holland on Sunday. So if the band are sitting watching the game then they will know that at about 7.20pm we will be getting pumped up to their most classic track."
And Torres is so thankful for Kasabian's music he's even planning to give the band a special gift if his teammates triumph on Sunday: "If we win the World Cup I would like to present them with a Spain shirt signed by all of us lads because their music has been a big inspiration to us in the dressing room. We will all come to watch them."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'