Kasabian Credited in Spain's Victory Over Germany
Spanish soccer fans have Kasabian to thank for their team's appearance in the World Cup final - because the players listen to the band's music to "pump" them up before every match. The national team beat Germany on Wednesday, July 7 to reach the final of the soccer competition for the first time - and it's all thanks to Kasabian's hit "Club Foot", according to Spanish soccer star Fernando Torres.
He says, "'Club Foot' has got us to the final, so I would like to give a big thanks to Kasabian. Of course we will be playing it before the final against Holland on Sunday. So if the band are sitting watching the game then they will know that at about 7.20pm we will be getting pumped up to their most classic track."
And Torres is so thankful for Kasabian's music he's even planning to give the band a special gift if his teammates triumph on Sunday: "If we win the World Cup I would like to present them with a Spain shirt signed by all of us lads because their music has been a big inspiration to us in the dressing room. We will all come to watch them."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik