Kasabian Credited in Spain's Victory Over Germany
Spanish soccer fans have Kasabian to thank for their team's appearance in the World Cup final - because the players listen to the band's music to "pump" them up before every match. The national team beat Germany on Wednesday, July 7 to reach the final of the soccer competition for the first time - and it's all thanks to Kasabian's hit "Club Foot", according to Spanish soccer star Fernando Torres.
He says, "'Club Foot' has got us to the final, so I would like to give a big thanks to Kasabian. Of course we will be playing it before the final against Holland on Sunday. So if the band are sitting watching the game then they will know that at about 7.20pm we will be getting pumped up to their most classic track."
And Torres is so thankful for Kasabian's music he's even planning to give the band a special gift if his teammates triumph on Sunday: "If we win the World Cup I would like to present them with a Spain shirt signed by all of us lads because their music has been a big inspiration to us in the dressing room. We will all come to watch them."
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper