Kasabian Credited in Spain's Victory Over Germany
Spanish soccer fans have Kasabian to thank for their team's appearance in the World Cup final - because the players listen to the band's music to "pump" them up before every match. The national team beat Germany on Wednesday, July 7 to reach the final of the soccer competition for the first time - and it's all thanks to Kasabian's hit "Club Foot", according to Spanish soccer star Fernando Torres.
He says, "'Club Foot' has got us to the final, so I would like to give a big thanks to Kasabian. Of course we will be playing it before the final against Holland on Sunday. So if the band are sitting watching the game then they will know that at about 7.20pm we will be getting pumped up to their most classic track."
And Torres is so thankful for Kasabian's music he's even planning to give the band a special gift if his teammates triumph on Sunday: "If we win the World Cup I would like to present them with a Spain shirt signed by all of us lads because their music has been a big inspiration to us in the dressing room. We will all come to watch them."
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments