Ben Affleck Withdraws From Poker Tournament
Actor Ben Affleck was forced to pull out of a poker tournament earlier this week because he was suffering from an agonizing migraine. The "Good Will Hunting" star was due to compete at the World Series of Poker 'Ante Up for Africa' event at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, which started on Monday, July 5.
But he had to scrap his entry after falling ill, reports New York Post gossip column PageSix. Affleck tells the publication, "This is the one poker event I go to each year, and I didn't even get to play."
He wasn't the only celebrity taking part in the event - "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth came second in the tournament. She drew $80,000 while professional poker player Phil Gordon drew $129,086.
More Ben Affleck News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic