Ben Affleck Withdraws From Poker Tournament
Actor Ben Affleck was forced to pull out of a poker tournament earlier this week because he was suffering from an agonizing migraine. The "Good Will Hunting" star was due to compete at the World Series of Poker 'Ante Up for Africa' event at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, which started on Monday, July 5.
But he had to scrap his entry after falling ill, reports New York Post gossip column PageSix. Affleck tells the publication, "This is the one poker event I go to each year, and I didn't even get to play."
He wasn't the only celebrity taking part in the event - "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth came second in the tournament. She drew $80,000 while professional poker player Phil Gordon drew $129,086.
More Ben Affleck News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'