Ben Affleck Withdraws From Poker Tournament
Actor Ben Affleck was forced to pull out of a poker tournament earlier this week because he was suffering from an agonizing migraine. The "Good Will Hunting" star was due to compete at the World Series of Poker 'Ante Up for Africa' event at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, which started on Monday, July 5.
But he had to scrap his entry after falling ill, reports New York Post gossip column PageSix. Affleck tells the publication, "This is the one poker event I go to each year, and I didn't even get to play."
He wasn't the only celebrity taking part in the event - "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth came second in the tournament. She drew $80,000 while professional poker player Phil Gordon drew $129,086.
More Ben Affleck News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?