Ben Affleck Withdraws From Poker Tournament
Actor Ben Affleck was forced to pull out of a poker tournament earlier this week because he was suffering from an agonizing migraine. The "Good Will Hunting" star was due to compete at the World Series of Poker 'Ante Up for Africa' event at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, which started on Monday, July 5.
But he had to scrap his entry after falling ill, reports New York Post gossip column PageSix. Affleck tells the publication, "This is the one poker event I go to each year, and I didn't even get to play."
He wasn't the only celebrity taking part in the event - "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth came second in the tournament. She drew $80,000 while professional poker player Phil Gordon drew $129,086.
More Ben Affleck News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective