Edward Norton Named UN's Goodwill Ambassador
Edward Norton has landed an environmentally friendly new role - the actor's been appointed the United Nations' goodwill ambassador for biodiversity. The "Fight Club" star has long been involved with raising awareness of the benefits of creating a greener world and last year he ran the New York Marathon to raise $300,000 for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
He has also recently launched a website, CrowdRise.com, urging young people to volunteer for eco causes. And his dedication has been acknowledged by the U.N. - officials have asked him to be an ambassador for all issues related to sustainable development and conservation.
Norton says, "I think that ambassadors in many ways can play a role in highlighting the models of success that the U.N. is promoting around the world."
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash