Edward Norton Named UN's Goodwill Ambassador
Edward Norton has landed an environmentally friendly new role - the actor's been appointed the United Nations' goodwill ambassador for biodiversity. The "Fight Club" star has long been involved with raising awareness of the benefits of creating a greener world and last year he ran the New York Marathon to raise $300,000 for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
He has also recently launched a website, CrowdRise.com, urging young people to volunteer for eco causes. And his dedication has been acknowledged by the U.N. - officials have asked him to be an ambassador for all issues related to sustainable development and conservation.
Norton says, "I think that ambassadors in many ways can play a role in highlighting the models of success that the U.N. is promoting around the world."
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'