Edward Norton Named UN's Goodwill Ambassador
Edward Norton has landed an environmentally friendly new role - the actor's been appointed the United Nations' goodwill ambassador for biodiversity. The "Fight Club" star has long been involved with raising awareness of the benefits of creating a greener world and last year he ran the New York Marathon to raise $300,000 for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
He has also recently launched a website, CrowdRise.com, urging young people to volunteer for eco causes. And his dedication has been acknowledged by the U.N. - officials have asked him to be an ambassador for all issues related to sustainable development and conservation.
Norton says, "I think that ambassadors in many ways can play a role in highlighting the models of success that the U.N. is promoting around the world."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly