Edward Norton Named UN's Goodwill Ambassador
Edward Norton has landed an environmentally friendly new role - the actor's been appointed the United Nations' goodwill ambassador for biodiversity. The "Fight Club" star has long been involved with raising awareness of the benefits of creating a greener world and last year he ran the New York Marathon to raise $300,000 for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
He has also recently launched a website, CrowdRise.com, urging young people to volunteer for eco causes. And his dedication has been acknowledged by the U.N. - officials have asked him to be an ambassador for all issues related to sustainable development and conservation.
Norton says, "I think that ambassadors in many ways can play a role in highlighting the models of success that the U.N. is promoting around the world."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna