Edward Norton Named UN's Goodwill Ambassador
Edward Norton has landed an environmentally friendly new role - the actor's been appointed the United Nations' goodwill ambassador for biodiversity. The "Fight Club" star has long been involved with raising awareness of the benefits of creating a greener world and last year he ran the New York Marathon to raise $300,000 for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
He has also recently launched a website, CrowdRise.com, urging young people to volunteer for eco causes. And his dedication has been acknowledged by the U.N. - officials have asked him to be an ambassador for all issues related to sustainable development and conservation.
Norton says, "I think that ambassadors in many ways can play a role in highlighting the models of success that the U.N. is promoting around the world."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?