Fat Joe: Lil Wayne 'Funnier' While Sober
Incarcerated Lil Wayne has something to smile about while in jail - the rapper is much "funnier" now he's behind bars and sober, according to his hip-hop pal Fat Joe. The star is currently serving a year-long sentence in a New York prison after pleading guilty to gun possession charges in March.
But prison life seems to have been a positive experience for the "Lollipop" hitmaker - because he can no longer get high on his preferred drink, promethazine-codeine syrup. The rapper famously quit the cough-syrup drink in preparation for his stint behind bars, and Fat Joe, who recently visited Lil Wayne, insists jail's tough routine has done wonders for the rapper's sense of humor.
He tells MTV.com, "He's in great spirits. I love Lil Wayne; that's like my little brother. He's just the coolest dude on Earth. I tell you one thing, him not being high made me realize how much funnier he is. This guy has jokes. We were up in there for four hours, just telling jokes, dying laughing, falling on the floor."
"He's a beautiful dude. He did what he did. He had a gun on him, but people don't really know how much of a great father that he is, great of a person he is (sic), a friend, a loyal dude. He's charismatic. It's just sad to see him over there like that, but I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson, and he's gonna be focused."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory