Fat Joe: Lil Wayne 'Funnier' While Sober
Incarcerated Lil Wayne has something to smile about while in jail - the rapper is much "funnier" now he's behind bars and sober, according to his hip-hop pal Fat Joe. The star is currently serving a year-long sentence in a New York prison after pleading guilty to gun possession charges in March.
But prison life seems to have been a positive experience for the "Lollipop" hitmaker - because he can no longer get high on his preferred drink, promethazine-codeine syrup. The rapper famously quit the cough-syrup drink in preparation for his stint behind bars, and Fat Joe, who recently visited Lil Wayne, insists jail's tough routine has done wonders for the rapper's sense of humor.
He tells MTV.com, "He's in great spirits. I love Lil Wayne; that's like my little brother. He's just the coolest dude on Earth. I tell you one thing, him not being high made me realize how much funnier he is. This guy has jokes. We were up in there for four hours, just telling jokes, dying laughing, falling on the floor."
"He's a beautiful dude. He did what he did. He had a gun on him, but people don't really know how much of a great father that he is, great of a person he is (sic), a friend, a loyal dude. He's charismatic. It's just sad to see him over there like that, but I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson, and he's gonna be focused."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris