Chas and Dave to Reunite After Death of Dave's Wife
Veteran British singing duo Chas & Dave are reuniting - less than a year after they split. The two-piece band - beloved in the U.K. for their quirky hits inspired by life in their native London - decided to call it quits last September following the death of bass player Dave Peacock's wife Sue in July.
But Peacock has had a change of heart - and wants to give fans a farewell tour. Pianist Chas Hodges tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I was sat at Dave's house having a cup of tea and out of the blue he said he wanted to do a farewell tour. Dave felt he left in unavoidable circumstances and wanted to come back for one final tour."
The tour is slated to start in March 2011. Tickets are on sale for up to Â£43.50. More than 30 other dates are expected to follow. "We are splitting the set into two halves, the first will be all the stuff we did in the pubs in the 70s, ending with Gertcha," Chas explained.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie