Chas and Dave to Reunite After Death of Dave's Wife
Veteran British singing duo Chas & Dave are reuniting - less than a year after they split. The two-piece band - beloved in the U.K. for their quirky hits inspired by life in their native London - decided to call it quits last September following the death of bass player Dave Peacock's wife Sue in July.
But Peacock has had a change of heart - and wants to give fans a farewell tour. Pianist Chas Hodges tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I was sat at Dave's house having a cup of tea and out of the blue he said he wanted to do a farewell tour. Dave felt he left in unavoidable circumstances and wanted to come back for one final tour."
The tour is slated to start in March 2011. Tickets are on sale for up to Â£43.50. More than 30 other dates are expected to follow. "We are splitting the set into two halves, the first will be all the stuff we did in the pubs in the 70s, ending with Gertcha," Chas explained.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip