Chas and Dave to Reunite After Death of Dave's Wife
Veteran British singing duo Chas & Dave are reuniting - less than a year after they split. The two-piece band - beloved in the U.K. for their quirky hits inspired by life in their native London - decided to call it quits last September following the death of bass player Dave Peacock's wife Sue in July.
But Peacock has had a change of heart - and wants to give fans a farewell tour. Pianist Chas Hodges tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I was sat at Dave's house having a cup of tea and out of the blue he said he wanted to do a farewell tour. Dave felt he left in unavoidable circumstances and wanted to come back for one final tour."
The tour is slated to start in March 2011. Tickets are on sale for up to Â£43.50. More than 30 other dates are expected to follow. "We are splitting the set into two halves, the first will be all the stuff we did in the pubs in the 70s, ending with Gertcha," Chas explained.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton