Top Celebrity Lawyer: Lindsay Lohan's Jail Sentence Is Outrage
Top celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos has attacked the judge who sentenced Lindsay Lohan to serve 90-days behind bars, because he thinks the punishment is too harsh. The legal expert, who has represented Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Chris Brown in court, insists Lohan's former attorney Shawn Chapman Holley is quite right to call foul on the actress' parole violation rap from Judge Marsha Revel because the star didn't deserve a long spell behind bars.
Geragos tells HollyScoop, "I think it was more than a little bit too harsh. I think it was over the top... The idea that she got 90-days in jail plus 90-days in a rehab center for basically coming late to court and missing her weekly appointments, even though she was scheduled to finish her alcohol program on time, is an outrage."
"I think being a celebrity caused her these problems. She would not be doing this kind of sentence... and would not have this attention drawn to her if she wasn't a celebrity." And Geragos fears Lohan will be subjected to the full horrors of life in jail when she begins her sentence at the Lynwood Correctional Facility in Lynwood, California on July 20.
He tells the site, "The problem with jail is that if you haven't been there... I can tell you horror story after horror story. There was a woman who told me she was raped in jail. The sheriffs are under-manned and the jails are overpopulated."
"There is no way to manage it. Its not a humane situation. If we really wanted to help her, with this system let her go to rehab or a lockdown. I don't know why we are putting her in jail." Lohan was ordered to serve time on Tuesday, July 6 after Judge Revel ruled she had violated her probation on a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?