Mel Gibson's Lawyer Calls Mistress' Allegations 'Absurd Fabrication'
Mel Gibson's lawyer has dismissed allegations the actor/director threatened a former mistress and sent her into hiding as "an absurd fabrication". Violet Kowal claims Gibson met with her at his Malibu, California home in 2009, while he was dating Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva, and the pair had sex.
Kowal tells the publication the actor seemed "paranoid and anxious" during the encounter and chain-smoked before and after sex. She claims the affair continued and Gibson would get "very aggressive and angry" if she refused to see him or wasn't available.
The brief fling broke down in January when news of Gibson's alleged romance with Kowal leaked out. She claims he called her and threatened her. The model states she hired a bodyguard and "left town and went into hiding for almost a month" because of Gibson's threats.
She tells In Touch, "He knew where I lived and had directly threatened me." Gibson's attorney tells the publication that Kowal's story is "an absurd fabrication".
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist