Mel Gibson's Lawyer Calls Mistress' Allegations 'Absurd Fabrication'
Mel Gibson's lawyer has dismissed allegations the actor/director threatened a former mistress and sent her into hiding as "an absurd fabrication". Violet Kowal claims Gibson met with her at his Malibu, California home in 2009, while he was dating Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva, and the pair had sex.
Kowal tells the publication the actor seemed "paranoid and anxious" during the encounter and chain-smoked before and after sex. She claims the affair continued and Gibson would get "very aggressive and angry" if she refused to see him or wasn't available.
The brief fling broke down in January when news of Gibson's alleged romance with Kowal leaked out. She claims he called her and threatened her. The model states she hired a bodyguard and "left town and went into hiding for almost a month" because of Gibson's threats.
She tells In Touch, "He knew where I lived and had directly threatened me." Gibson's attorney tells the publication that Kowal's story is "an absurd fabrication".
More Mel Gibson News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower