Mel Gibson's Lawyer Calls Mistress' Allegations 'Absurd Fabrication'
Mel Gibson's lawyer has dismissed allegations the actor/director threatened a former mistress and sent her into hiding as "an absurd fabrication". Violet Kowal claims Gibson met with her at his Malibu, California home in 2009, while he was dating Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva, and the pair had sex.
Kowal tells the publication the actor seemed "paranoid and anxious" during the encounter and chain-smoked before and after sex. She claims the affair continued and Gibson would get "very aggressive and angry" if she refused to see him or wasn't available.
The brief fling broke down in January when news of Gibson's alleged romance with Kowal leaked out. She claims he called her and threatened her. The model states she hired a bodyguard and "left town and went into hiding for almost a month" because of Gibson's threats.
She tells In Touch, "He knew where I lived and had directly threatened me." Gibson's attorney tells the publication that Kowal's story is "an absurd fabrication".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers