Mel Gibson's Lawyer Calls Mistress' Allegations 'Absurd Fabrication'
Mel Gibson's lawyer has dismissed allegations the actor/director threatened a former mistress and sent her into hiding as "an absurd fabrication". Violet Kowal claims Gibson met with her at his Malibu, California home in 2009, while he was dating Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva, and the pair had sex.
Kowal tells the publication the actor seemed "paranoid and anxious" during the encounter and chain-smoked before and after sex. She claims the affair continued and Gibson would get "very aggressive and angry" if she refused to see him or wasn't available.
The brief fling broke down in January when news of Gibson's alleged romance with Kowal leaked out. She claims he called her and threatened her. The model states she hired a bodyguard and "left town and went into hiding for almost a month" because of Gibson's threats.
She tells In Touch, "He knew where I lived and had directly threatened me." Gibson's attorney tells the publication that Kowal's story is "an absurd fabrication".
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories