Leif Garrett Urges Lindsay Lohan to Pray and Read in Jail
Troubled seventies pop icon Leif Garrett has offered his help and support to Lindsay Lohan as she prepares for a 90-day jail spell. The "I Was Made For Dancin' " hitmaker, who is facing his own incarceration after pleading not guilty to felony heroin possession earlier this week, has urged Lohan to pray and practice yoga behind bars.
Garrett has a history of drug abuse and was most recently sentenced to 90 days in jail and three years' probation in May, 2006 after he was caught in possession of drugs. He tells the actress, "It's not gonna be that bad... Read books, pray, stretch, do yoga... just get your head together."
But he feels the system has failed Lohan if reports she's hooked on drugs are true: "I don't believe that being thrown in jail is the way to deal with somebody who's addicted to drugs."
The singer was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance after cops spotted him behaving strangely at a Los Angeles subway station in February. He allegedly confessed to having black tar heroin in his shoe, but pleaded not guilty to the charge when he was initially arraigned.
Garrett returned to court on Wednesday, July 7, where he was re-arraigned, and he was ordered to appear before a judge on August 13 for a pre-trial hearing. He is free on $10,000 (6,700 pound sterling) bail.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?