Leif Garrett Urges Lindsay Lohan to Pray and Read in Jail
Troubled seventies pop icon Leif Garrett has offered his help and support to Lindsay Lohan as she prepares for a 90-day jail spell. The "I Was Made For Dancin' " hitmaker, who is facing his own incarceration after pleading not guilty to felony heroin possession earlier this week, has urged Lohan to pray and practice yoga behind bars.
Garrett has a history of drug abuse and was most recently sentenced to 90 days in jail and three years' probation in May, 2006 after he was caught in possession of drugs. He tells the actress, "It's not gonna be that bad... Read books, pray, stretch, do yoga... just get your head together."
But he feels the system has failed Lohan if reports she's hooked on drugs are true: "I don't believe that being thrown in jail is the way to deal with somebody who's addicted to drugs."
The singer was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance after cops spotted him behaving strangely at a Los Angeles subway station in February. He allegedly confessed to having black tar heroin in his shoe, but pleaded not guilty to the charge when he was initially arraigned.
Garrett returned to court on Wednesday, July 7, where he was re-arraigned, and he was ordered to appear before a judge on August 13 for a pre-trial hearing. He is free on $10,000 (6,700 pound sterling) bail.
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight