Nick Cave's Novel 'Death of Bunny Munro' Coming to Small Screen
Rocker Nick Cave's novel "The Death of Bunny Munro" is to be turned into a TV mini-series - and British tough guy Ray Winstone is desperate to land the lead role. The Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds frontman has revealed his second literary work - about a sex-crazed cosmetics salesman whose wife commits suicide - is being adapted for TV.
Cave tells EmpireOnline.com he initially wrote the story as a film script but resorted to publishing the tale in book form after failing to win over movie producers with his idea - even though "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" star Winstone was on board to bring the main character to life from the start.
He says, "Ray Winstone is dying to do it. He really loved the script when we first handed it to him. He was really excited about it, and (he was) really distressed when it kinda tanked and never got made." Cave has also tipped director John Hillcoat to take charge of the series.
It won't be the first time a Cave story has been filmed - he penned the screenplay for 2005 film "The Proposition".
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation