Nick Cave's Novel 'Death of Bunny Munro' Coming to Small Screen
Rocker Nick Cave's novel "The Death of Bunny Munro" is to be turned into a TV mini-series - and British tough guy Ray Winstone is desperate to land the lead role. The Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds frontman has revealed his second literary work - about a sex-crazed cosmetics salesman whose wife commits suicide - is being adapted for TV.
Cave tells EmpireOnline.com he initially wrote the story as a film script but resorted to publishing the tale in book form after failing to win over movie producers with his idea - even though "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" star Winstone was on board to bring the main character to life from the start.
He says, "Ray Winstone is dying to do it. He really loved the script when we first handed it to him. He was really excited about it, and (he was) really distressed when it kinda tanked and never got made." Cave has also tipped director John Hillcoat to take charge of the series.
It won't be the first time a Cave story has been filmed - he penned the screenplay for 2005 film "The Proposition".
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'