Nick Cave's Novel 'Death of Bunny Munro' Coming to Small Screen
Rocker Nick Cave's novel "The Death of Bunny Munro" is to be turned into a TV mini-series - and British tough guy Ray Winstone is desperate to land the lead role. The Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds frontman has revealed his second literary work - about a sex-crazed cosmetics salesman whose wife commits suicide - is being adapted for TV.
Cave tells EmpireOnline.com he initially wrote the story as a film script but resorted to publishing the tale in book form after failing to win over movie producers with his idea - even though "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" star Winstone was on board to bring the main character to life from the start.
He says, "Ray Winstone is dying to do it. He really loved the script when we first handed it to him. He was really excited about it, and (he was) really distressed when it kinda tanked and never got made." Cave has also tipped director John Hillcoat to take charge of the series.
It won't be the first time a Cave story has been filmed - he penned the screenplay for 2005 film "The Proposition".
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs