Kellie Martin Tells Miley Cyrus to Go to College
Former child star Kellie Martin has warned Miley Cyrus to finish her schooling - so she'll have something to fall back on if her showbiz career dries up. Martin began acting at the age of seven in U.S. series "Father Murphy" and went on to star in a string of movies and TV shows, including "ER" and "Life Goes On".
And she has advised "Hannah Montana" star Cyrus to make sure she completes her education as her singing and acting roles might not last for ever. Martin says, "I would tell Miley to go to college. I really think that saved me... I went to Yale. It's really, really important to get an education because when all of this is gone, then at least you have your education. Then you can do whatever it is you want to do. If tomorrow I decided to stop being an actor I could go do a lot of other things."
"Knowing that makes me a whole person and have confidence in who I am as a whole person as opposed to confidence in who I am as just an actor... She's actually wildly talented, little Miley Cyrus, and she has a sweet family. If she went to college, she'd be totally set. She'd be set forever."
In another news, Miley Cyrus has hit back at a report she's been caught cheating on boyfriend Liam Hemsworth - insisting it's "not her" in a photo alleged to show her with a mystery man. She acted swiftly after a post on celebrity blog PerezHilton.com contained an image of a young woman in a black bikini reclining on a boat in the arms of a semi-naked hunk.
The report alleged the woman in the picture is Cyrus - but she has moved quickly to crush the claim. A representative for the singer/actress tells GossipCop.com, "That's not her."
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd