Lindsay Lohan Was a No-Show at Her Own Birthday Party After Jail Sentencing
Lindsay Lohan pulled out of a birthday celebration in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 7 - a day after a judge sentenced her to 90 days behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star was expected to host a belated party at Hollywood hotspot Las Palmas after celebrating her 24th birthday last Friday, July 2.
But Lohan shied away from the bash hours after apparently confirming she would attend the event. A source tells People.com, "Lindsay was planning to celebrate her birthday with the owners of Las Palmas, who are like family to her, and her friend Ferras, who was also celebrating his birthday that night."
Lohan's pal Marcus Molinari took to his Twitter.com page to tell her fans the star was having a low-key evening, writing: "Lindsay is not having her birthday @laspalmas!!! She is at home with friends and family!!! We wish her well and love her!!!"
The actress is due to start her 90-day sentence later this month for violating her probation stemming from a 2007 drink-driving arrest. She will then enter a rehabilitation program for further treatment. She faces a lonely time in prison - she will be locked up on her own for 23 hours a day.
She will be incarcerated at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Los Angeles - and is expected to be separated from other inmates, according to the New York Daily News. Steve Whitmore, of the L.A. County Sheriff's office, tells the publication, "(She would have) a cell by herself. She would be separated from the general population. She would be in a pod with other inmates in the same classification."
Convicts at the jail are only allowed out of their cell for an hour each day. Make-up is banned and inmates wear a drab blue uniform - and even bras and underwear are prison-issue.
In previous news, Lindsay Lohan dismissed speculation she took aim at the U.S. court system with a crude manicured message - insisting the expletive painted on her fingernail was a "joke". Snaps from the Los Angeles courthouse showed Lohan sporting a multi-colored manicure with 'f**k u' painted on the nail of her middle finger.
But the star insists the insult was not aimed at presiding judge Marsha Revel. On her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Didn't we do our nails as a joke with our friend? It had nothing to do w/(with) court... it's an airbrush design from a stencil."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'