John Lyndon Defended Himself Against Duffy
Punk rocker John Lyndon has defended himself after lashing out at Welsh singer Duffy at a 2008 awards ceremony, insisting he reacted violently after she "leapt" on him. The "Mercy" hitmaker was collecting a trophy for Song of the Year at London's MOJO Awards two years ago when the Sex Pistols frontman - also known as Johnny Rotten - pinned her against a wall.
She later said, "He'd been heckling me when I went to pick up an award, shouting 'Duffo', 'Up the Duffy', things like that - nice! When I picked up the award, I had to walk past him so I went to say hi and suddenly he had me pinned against the wall. I just went white and had to get away."
But Lydon insists the scuffle was a result of Duffy jumping on him. He tells Britain's The Sun, "She leapt on my back. I'm not a maypole for her to go swinging off. Until you know who is doing that you are in a compromising position. If you want to say hello to me, then stand in front of me and say hello."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show