John Lyndon Defended Himself Against Duffy
Punk rocker John Lyndon has defended himself after lashing out at Welsh singer Duffy at a 2008 awards ceremony, insisting he reacted violently after she "leapt" on him. The "Mercy" hitmaker was collecting a trophy for Song of the Year at London's MOJO Awards two years ago when the Sex Pistols frontman - also known as Johnny Rotten - pinned her against a wall.
She later said, "He'd been heckling me when I went to pick up an award, shouting 'Duffo', 'Up the Duffy', things like that - nice! When I picked up the award, I had to walk past him so I went to say hi and suddenly he had me pinned against the wall. I just went white and had to get away."
But Lydon insists the scuffle was a result of Duffy jumping on him. He tells Britain's The Sun, "She leapt on my back. I'm not a maypole for her to go swinging off. Until you know who is doing that you are in a compromising position. If you want to say hello to me, then stand in front of me and say hello."
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?