John Lyndon Defended Himself Against Duffy
Punk rocker John Lyndon has defended himself after lashing out at Welsh singer Duffy at a 2008 awards ceremony, insisting he reacted violently after she "leapt" on him. The "Mercy" hitmaker was collecting a trophy for Song of the Year at London's MOJO Awards two years ago when the Sex Pistols frontman - also known as Johnny Rotten - pinned her against a wall.
She later said, "He'd been heckling me when I went to pick up an award, shouting 'Duffo', 'Up the Duffy', things like that - nice! When I picked up the award, I had to walk past him so I went to say hi and suddenly he had me pinned against the wall. I just went white and had to get away."
But Lydon insists the scuffle was a result of Duffy jumping on him. He tells Britain's The Sun, "She leapt on my back. I'm not a maypole for her to go swinging off. Until you know who is doing that you are in a compromising position. If you want to say hello to me, then stand in front of me and say hello."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber