John Lyndon Defended Himself Against Duffy
Punk rocker John Lyndon has defended himself after lashing out at Welsh singer Duffy at a 2008 awards ceremony, insisting he reacted violently after she "leapt" on him. The "Mercy" hitmaker was collecting a trophy for Song of the Year at London's MOJO Awards two years ago when the Sex Pistols frontman - also known as Johnny Rotten - pinned her against a wall.
She later said, "He'd been heckling me when I went to pick up an award, shouting 'Duffo', 'Up the Duffy', things like that - nice! When I picked up the award, I had to walk past him so I went to say hi and suddenly he had me pinned against the wall. I just went white and had to get away."
But Lydon insists the scuffle was a result of Duffy jumping on him. He tells Britain's The Sun, "She leapt on my back. I'm not a maypole for her to go swinging off. Until you know who is doing that you are in a compromising position. If you want to say hello to me, then stand in front of me and say hello."
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West