John Lyndon Defended Himself Against Duffy
Punk rocker John Lyndon has defended himself after lashing out at Welsh singer Duffy at a 2008 awards ceremony, insisting he reacted violently after she "leapt" on him. The "Mercy" hitmaker was collecting a trophy for Song of the Year at London's MOJO Awards two years ago when the Sex Pistols frontman - also known as Johnny Rotten - pinned her against a wall.
She later said, "He'd been heckling me when I went to pick up an award, shouting 'Duffo', 'Up the Duffy', things like that - nice! When I picked up the award, I had to walk past him so I went to say hi and suddenly he had me pinned against the wall. I just went white and had to get away."
But Lydon insists the scuffle was a result of Duffy jumping on him. He tells Britain's The Sun, "She leapt on my back. I'm not a maypole for her to go swinging off. Until you know who is doing that you are in a compromising position. If you want to say hello to me, then stand in front of me and say hello."
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay