Ryan Kwanten Traumatized by Shark Encounter
"True Blood" star Ryan Kwanten chose not to follow his father into surfing after one scary encounter with a shark put him off riding the waves. The Aussie actor, whose father was a champion paddle boarder, still surfs but his passion for the sport took a hit at the age of 12, when he found himself staring into the mouth of a shark off the coast of Sydney.
He explains, "I fell off the top of a wave and put my hand down, expecting to get the sand bank and it went straight into the mouth of a shark... (but) it was a wobbegong shark; it's got more gums then teeth... I didn't get bitten, I got gummed (but) there are scars to prove it."
Beside dodging the sport, the actor is also avoiding women this time being. "My life is very much consumed with work," he told Daily Telegraph. "It would be very selfish of me to try and bring someone into that world when I can't give them the time they deserve."
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character