Ryan Kwanten Traumatized by Shark Encounter
"True Blood" star Ryan Kwanten chose not to follow his father into surfing after one scary encounter with a shark put him off riding the waves. The Aussie actor, whose father was a champion paddle boarder, still surfs but his passion for the sport took a hit at the age of 12, when he found himself staring into the mouth of a shark off the coast of Sydney.
He explains, "I fell off the top of a wave and put my hand down, expecting to get the sand bank and it went straight into the mouth of a shark... (but) it was a wobbegong shark; it's got more gums then teeth... I didn't get bitten, I got gummed (but) there are scars to prove it."
Beside dodging the sport, the actor is also avoiding women this time being. "My life is very much consumed with work," he told Daily Telegraph. "It would be very selfish of me to try and bring someone into that world when I can't give them the time they deserve."
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date