Ringo Starr Honored With Peace and Love Tea on 70th Birthday
Bosses at trendy New York cafe Alice's Tea Cup have developed a Peace & Love tea to honor Ringo Starr's 70th birthday. The former Beatle, who hit 70 on Wednesday, July 7, asked fans to stop, raise V-signs and chant "peace and love" at noon on the big day as a gift to him.
Ringo's tea will be served at Alice's for the rest of July. It's not the only honor the rocker will receive in New York on his birthday - a golden snare drum gift given to him by instrument makers Ludwig in 1964 is to go on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
As he turns 70 this year, Ringo Starr has previously said that he hopes fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'," he stated.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards