Ringo Starr Honored With Peace and Love Tea on 70th Birthday
Bosses at trendy New York cafe Alice's Tea Cup have developed a Peace & Love tea to honor Ringo Starr's 70th birthday. The former Beatle, who hit 70 on Wednesday, July 7, asked fans to stop, raise V-signs and chant "peace and love" at noon on the big day as a gift to him.
Ringo's tea will be served at Alice's for the rest of July. It's not the only honor the rocker will receive in New York on his birthday - a golden snare drum gift given to him by instrument makers Ludwig in 1964 is to go on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
As he turns 70 this year, Ringo Starr has previously said that he hopes fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'," he stated.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles