Ringo Starr Honored With Peace and Love Tea on 70th Birthday
Bosses at trendy New York cafe Alice's Tea Cup have developed a Peace & Love tea to honor Ringo Starr's 70th birthday. The former Beatle, who hit 70 on Wednesday, July 7, asked fans to stop, raise V-signs and chant "peace and love" at noon on the big day as a gift to him.
Ringo's tea will be served at Alice's for the rest of July. It's not the only honor the rocker will receive in New York on his birthday - a golden snare drum gift given to him by instrument makers Ludwig in 1964 is to go on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
As he turns 70 this year, Ringo Starr has previously said that he hopes fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'," he stated.
More Ringo Starr News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered