Ringo Starr Honored With Peace and Love Tea on 70th Birthday
Bosses at trendy New York cafe Alice's Tea Cup have developed a Peace & Love tea to honor Ringo Starr's 70th birthday. The former Beatle, who hit 70 on Wednesday, July 7, asked fans to stop, raise V-signs and chant "peace and love" at noon on the big day as a gift to him.
Ringo's tea will be served at Alice's for the rest of July. It's not the only honor the rocker will receive in New York on his birthday - a golden snare drum gift given to him by instrument makers Ludwig in 1964 is to go on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
As he turns 70 this year, Ringo Starr has previously said that he hopes fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'," he stated.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch