Ringo Starr Honored With Peace and Love Tea on 70th Birthday
Bosses at trendy New York cafe Alice's Tea Cup have developed a Peace & Love tea to honor Ringo Starr's 70th birthday. The former Beatle, who hit 70 on Wednesday, July 7, asked fans to stop, raise V-signs and chant "peace and love" at noon on the big day as a gift to him.
Ringo's tea will be served at Alice's for the rest of July. It's not the only honor the rocker will receive in New York on his birthday - a golden snare drum gift given to him by instrument makers Ludwig in 1964 is to go on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
As he turns 70 this year, Ringo Starr has previously said that he hopes fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'," he stated.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son