Simon Cowell Picks Harry Connick Jr. as New 'Idol' Judge
Harry Connick Jr. has been tipped as the favorite to take over Simon Cowell's role as a judge on "American Idol" by the star himself - the music mogul insists the crooner is "a great mentor".
Connick, Jr. joined Brett Michaels and former reality show contestant Adam Lambert as a top contender for the job after he mentored the finalists for an episode on the latest season of the show, before Cowell quit in May.
But Cowell admits Connick, Jr. has the edge over his competitors. He tells America's OK! magazine, "I wouldn't be surprised if it was Harry Connick, Jr. He was a great mentor when he was on, and he knows music."
Late last month, Michaels hinted that he was the frontrunner. He said, "We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we're going to sit down and talk. They did a poll and I think it was Madonna, P. Diddy, Howard Stern, and myself, and I took 50 percent or 60 percent of the vote and that's tremendous. I would love to be a judge on American Idol. I think I would bring a lot to the table."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March